Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is life like in L.A.?

mala

What is it like to live in L.A.?

What do you like about the city?

What do you hate about it?

How long have you lived there? From where did you move?

What advice would you give someone new to L.A.?

If you feel like going into it....What do you do for a living? Was it hard to find a job? Tell me about apartments. Things to do...other than clubbing.

Hi Weyes! Yeah, I'm considering a move. Next week I'm moving back to New York after a year and a half of living in South Florida. I have a friend in L.A. who wants me to move in with her. I think I just might do it, but it won't be till August. I need to find a job when I get back to New York and save some money. I guess I'll see where that leaves me in August.

I was going to send you an email, but I knew you would catch my thread. I know you've answered these questions before, but now I'm listening more attentively. :)

What is it like to live in L.A.?

What do you like about the city?

What do you hate about it?

How long have you lived there? From where did you move?

What advice would you give someone new to L.A.?

If you feel like going into it....What do you do for a living? Was it hard to find a job? Tell me about apartments. Things to do...other than clubbing.

1. living in la is great. i love it here. but i'd rather live in miami.

2. i love the weather and the ocean. we have great restaurants, fun clubs, good bars, lots of good shows to hit, etc.

3. the traffic is brutal

4. i moved to la in jr high. i've lived out of la twice as an adult, but i missed it too much (family, friends) and the business i'm in is based here, ny or nashville. of those three, i pick la for sure.

5. advice? don't believe all of the negative stuff you hear about people in la. there are great people here, you just have to find them. oh and try to live close to work.

what business do you work in now? are you looking for a change? as for me, i work in the music business. it's brutal.

there are a ton of apartments, but the rent is really getting nuts!

there's tons to do - hiking, biking, the beach, skiing/snowboarding in the winter, great museums to visit, lots of good restaurants, etc

Thanks for the reply deepfunk.

I don't believe the stereotypes about LA. people. My friend moved to L.A. from Miami and said she has been meeting quality people ever since. I'd like to find some chill, down to earth people to make my friends.

Most recently I've been working in retail, which I hate. I think I'd prefer to go back to restaurant/bar/club work for now. I'm sure there's an endless supply of jobs in that industry.

I used to be drawn to Miami, until I moved to South Florida. Why do you want to live in Miami, deepfunk?

Weyes...dunno if you have my current email....mala1980@aol.com