Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pontiac GTO

iamme

ive seen a few of these on the road an i must say, they look pretty friggin nice....and i have never liked anything from pontiac.

sh!t is pretty expensive though (starts at $31-32k?) so i dont think it will be able to compete with other coupes in that range and even the cheaper new mustangs....

still surprised how much i like it....thoughts?

i test drove one last year. I was very impressed with the performance, as well as the build quality.

the major reason why the car is failing isnt the price......its the styling. :yuck:

it looked like GM was coming back in the styling department: SSR, Equinox, G6, Cobalt, Sky, Solstice....but GM keeps going back to conservative styling themes (the new Impala and Monte Carlo are horrible).

i test drove one last year. I was very impressed with the performance, as well as the build quality.

the major reason why the car is failing isnt the price......its the styling. :yuck:

it looked like GM was coming back in the styling department: SSR, Equinox, G6, Cobalt, Sky, Solstice....but GM keeps going back to conservative styling themes (the new Impala and Monte Carlo are horrible).

You said it!

Pontiac left out everything that was iconic about the GTO. Even when rabid GTO fans told them what they wanted (Real Ram Air cold air induction, hood scoops, real dual exhaust) they ignored us. I used to own GTO's. I had over the years 2 different 68's, a 70, and a 72 GTO. When it came time to look for a sports car I looked at the GTO, but without the things that made it an icon it was just another jelly bean car.

Ford on the other hand got it right with the Mustang. They made sure both interior and exterior reminded people of the Mustang's glory years, 67-70, and updated those accents for the new millenium.

If Pontiac had gotten it right I would have bought the GTO. I bought a Pantera instead

I own a o4 red GTO with only 5,000 miles on it, I must sell it to buy a truck for my concrete business, anyone interested I am blowing it out at $26,500!!

I paid over $33,000 6 mos ago . IT is in perfect condition to, call Randy at 602-943-2519 if interested, thanks

The new 2005's are worth every penny w/ the 6.0L 400hp V8 rockin under the hood. The GTO is based off the Austrailian Holden Commodore; The styling may not be the problem w/ its sales as much as GM geared the car's look towards a younger crowd in which alot of younger people can not afford the price tag.

The new 2005's are worth every penny w/ the 6.0L 400hp V8 rockin under the hood. The GTO is based off the Austrailian Holden Commodore; The styling may not be the problem w/ its sales as much as GM geared the car's look towards a younger crowd in which alot of younger people can not afford the price tag.

WRONG! I see those, quote "younger crowd" driving Beemers, mercs and other big dollar machines all the time.

Pontiac alienated the customer base for the GTO when they failed to include any of the iconic elements of the GTO's from the past. It has been a styling and marketing failure of very large proportions.

You can stiil find lots of 04 GTO's on dealers lots as we speak.

I agree, if I had 30K id be driving one no doubt, I guess there is still no clear answer to why this car isnt selling; I guess we do not live in a society of sensible thinking people anymore. :rolleyes:

It all comes to an end after next year anyway, GM has no plans to continue the GTO after 2006.