Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NE1 been clubbing in Hartford lately?

I brought my girl up there to go out with some of my friends..... she was dancing in her bra and a tight ass skirt and people were looking at her as if she were from another planet or something..... that's how behind the times Hartford is. I mean at least here in Stamford you can at least take off your shirt in Premiere if it gets hot ( which it usually is ). Too bad all the dudes dressed up like they were going to a freaking library were like " you are so lucky "... I am and I love it!!!!! H-town is a bar crowd only and besides.... I'm never going to pay 10 bucks to get into a cheap club.... my girl will never go back since she is used to the city... and hey I have to agree... Hartford needs to step it up a notch and promote more

------------------

snappy139

Originally posted by gnice:

I grew up in Bloomfield, CT which is 5 minutes from downtown HFTD. When I was in High School none of these places existed. I did frequent the bar scene because they were easy to get into. Went to college in Boston. The clubs there were pretty bad. They opened up a place called Exchange right before I moved to Jersey, and that was alright, not too much space but played pretty good music. When I moved here I was blown away with the NYC clubs. Nothing like it. I have been here three years now and I am just now starting to cut back on clubbing. I was surprised to see that HFTD had clubs when I returned. Everyone has been bashing it, but honestly I looked at it as a change of pace. Yes I know all of you think nothing will ever be better then big lights big city NYC, but going to the same places every weekend gets old. I am a true believer that if you are with a bunch of people you hang with and enjoy being around, and the music is there, then it really doesn't matter where you are. Just my opinion.

i agree with what you wrote on it depends on more of who you are with than where you are, however if you had the choice to go a Sasha and diggers night at twilo, or ma bell at velvet, what would you choose?

to be honest, if all friends were up for a velvet night (expenses, whatever) instead of a twilo night, i'd hang with them...but i'd sure as hell be pissed i missed some great dj spinning his heart out at 8AM!!! lol

My point is a venue helps create the atmosphere, and helps the vibe. your boyz are your boyz, why not take it to the next level with them?

HEY CT, let's have a meet-up sometime!!!!!!

ANYBODY GOING BACK TO CT THIS WEEKEND???

The afterhour places are just places for kids who can't get into the bars to do their drugs. Everyone in there is completly cracked out, no one is dancing. If they got some good dj's and people actually went to enjoy the music and dance as well as do their drugs it would be a lot better. I'll be back for Christmas break if anyone wants to do a meet up.

Archived