Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hmmmm. Interesting!

Yanks a 1/2 game behind Boston. Boston loses to another "shit" team. You know it was funny last night after the game. They announcers at the end were said the following.

"Everyone is saying, well look at the teams the yanks are playing."

"Well, Boston has played the same teams that the Yankees have beaten, but they are losing to them"

Which I had to kinda laugh. Because back a couple of weeks ago every Yankee hater on this board was all in histerics on how the Yanks were playing. But now that they have caught up. It seems the board is pretty quiet.

Eh, fuck it...

Lets go Yanks... 1/2 game... Then we can set our sites on first!

whatever

Johnny Damon was saying in the post game interview that the Sox were playing like "a really bad team"

they'll come around.....champions always do

My exact thoughts when the Yanks were down and out... And almost as if completely predicted, but everyone wanted to wash my face with it... When the Yanks are Up, Boston will be down.

Was I wrong? It happens all every year, all year.

boston better wake up. yankees have defintely done so, and contrary to other seasons, not only is there a 3rd team that decent enough to cause damage in the AL east, but there is no guarantee the wild card will come out of the east this year, the way the chi sox and twins are playing - IN A VERY WEAK AL Central (so they can pile up the wins on the indians, tigers and royals).

what a difference a 15-20 game stretch makes

LOVE IT..... dead on about the sox fans here griping about "Look who you Beat" etc.

should make for a great weekend

oh and btw DJ Haters yet ANOTHER addition to the Jeter highlight reel

what a frikkin catch .

boston better wake up. yankees have defintely done so, and contrary to other seasons, not only is there a 3rd team that decent enough to cause damage in the AL east, but there is no guarantee the wild card will come out of the east this year, the way the chi sox and twins are playing - IN A VERY WEAK AL Central (so they can pile up the wins on the indians, tigers and royals).

I still don't think the Orioles are for real.

boston will not make the playoffs - i guarantee

I don't know about that but I think we all know that not only will the Mets not make the playoffs, but they'll probably finish second to last. They've spent all of this money to finish close to the bottom. They're sort of a poor man's Yankees.

Christ, Floyd's batting .270 or something. Wasn't he batting something like .380 just a couple of weeks ago. wow he should choke himself.

When's Reyes going to be that 'star' everybody says he's gonna be? That guy must have the most '0-for-4's in the majors.

Wright's awesome.

Heilman doesn't deserve to be in the bullpen. But what can you do? You can't put Zambrano there because he can't throw fucking strikes.

GLAH-VEEN SHOULD DROWN HIMSELF.

Minky keeps getting dropped in the line-up. Soon he'll be batting 10th.

They send Diaz down to the Minors. That made sense. 'Hey kid, were gonna call you up to see how you do, but don't do too well cuz then we'll have to send you back down'

Where's Beltran's speed? 1 SB? wtf

I love all this talk about how the Mets are playing a 'fresh' brand of baseball. There's nothing fresh or new about this team. They're losing as usual. That's not fresh. That's old news.

Second fiddle.

That pretty much goes for every team though. And I think they have the fourth best pitching staff in their own division.

yeah, but their pitching staff really stunk last year. if they would've been half-way decent they probably would have won 10 more games. the main reason they are in first so far is that their starting pitching has been a big surprise, especially considering that their supposed "ace" sidney ponson, is getting lit up on a regular basis.

their supposed "ace" sidney ponson, is getting lit up on a regular basis.

And that's another thing...teams don't win the WS without having a legitimate Ace. It just doesn't happen. At least I can't think of one off the top of my head.

And that's another thing...teams don't win the WS without having a legitimate Ace. It just doesn't happen. At least I can't think of one off the top of my head.

well i'm not saying that they will win the WS. butthey can certainly win 90 games if their pitching keeps it up, they have no major injuries, they dont choke down the stretch if they are still in contention etc. they already beat the yankees 5 times this year (went 4-15 last year) so when i say that the yankees and sox better start playing well, is that they might lose a bit more games against the O's than the have the last few years and with the chi sox and twins playing well in the central, there is no gaurantee the wild card will come out of the AL east as it has the last few years.

who did the Angels have in thier rotation as an "ace" when they won it 3 years ago? or the marlins? (no one knew beckket and that other guy and dontrelle were good before that season started - hell, i'm sure most people didn't know who they were before they reached the NLCS)

well i'm not saying that they will win the WS. butthey can certainly win 90 games if their pitching keeps it up, they have no major injuries, they dont choke down the stretch if they are still in contention etc. they already beat the yankees 5 times this year (went 4-15 last year) so when i say that the yankees and sox better start playing well, is that they might lose a bit more games against the O's than the have the last few years and with the chi sox and twins playing well in the central, there is no gaurantee the wild card will come out of the AL east as it has the last few years.

who did the Angels have in thier rotation as an "ace" when they won it 3 years ago? or the marlins? (no one knew beckket and that other guy and dontrelle were good before that season started - hell, i'm sure most people didn't know who they were before they reached the NLCS)

Well I'd say Washburn was the Angels' ace in 2002. Perhaps even Ortiz. And I'd say Willis and Mark Redman were Florida's aces. Just because they weren't well-known doesn't mean they weren't any good. Baltimore doesn't have anyone that good. Unless of course you think Lopez and Erik Bedard are.

Also, I wouldn't be too impressed with the O's 5 wins against the Yankees this year. Everybody was beating them earlier on in the year. Didn't Tampa beat them 5 times too? Something like that. Anyway, I still can't see a rotation of Ponson, Bedard, Lopez, Chen and Cabrera winning 90 games. Who knows though. It's been a crazy year.

Well I'd say Washburn was the Angels' ace in 2002. Perhaps even Ortiz. And I'd say Willis and Mark Redman were Florida's aces. Just because they weren't well-known doesn't mean they weren't any good. Baltimore doesn't have anyone that good. Unless of course you think Lopez and Erik Bedard are.

i truly had no idea who all of them were before they got to the playoffs. the Angels won the WS by outhitting the Giants as they did by beating the Yankees and Twins that same year.

Wilis started off that year pretty well but started to go down towards the end of the year and ended up in the pen if i am correct. i don't know what their numbers were like for any of them the previous years before their teams won the WS, but I as sure would not put them up there with the other "aces" as many would like to think as an "ace" like randy, schilling, hudson, mulder, clemens, etc.

so i guess my point is more, there are many ways to win. you can have great hitting, a decent starting 5 that gets you 5-6 innings and a great pen, or great strating pitching mediocre pen, great closer, average hitting, etc.