Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hmmmm. Interesting!

Christ, Floyd's batting .270 or something. Wasn't he batting something like .380 just a couple of weeks ago. wow he should choke himself.

When's Reyes going to be that 'star' everybody says he's gonna be? That guy must have the most '0-for-4's in the majors.

Wright's awesome.

Heilman doesn't deserve to be in the bullpen. But what can you do? You can't put Zambrano there because he can't throw fucking strikes.

GLAH-VEEN SHOULD DROWN HIMSELF.

Minky keeps getting dropped in the line-up. Soon he'll be batting 10th.

They send Diaz down to the Minors. That made sense. 'Hey kid, were gonna call you up to see how you do, but don't do too well cuz then we'll have to send you back down'

Where's Beltran's speed? 1 SB? wtf

I love all this talk about how the Mets are playing a 'fresh' brand of baseball. There's nothing fresh or new about this team. They're losing as usual. That's not fresh. That's old news.

Second fiddle.

AMEN!!!

How can you take on some guys that are supposedly some of the best baserunners in baseball and never send them (Beltran, Reyes). Fresh brand? Give me a fucking break

Mets are garbage and have no bullpen.....they will go nowhere

i truly had no idea who all of them were before they got to the playoffs. the Angels won the WS by outhitting the Giants as they did by beating the Yankees and Twins that same year.

Wilis started off that year pretty well but started to go down towards the end of the year and ended up in the pen if i am correct. i don't know what their numbers were like for any of them the previous years before their teams won the WS, but I as sure would not put them up there with the other "aces" as many would like to think as an "ace" like randy, schilling, hudson, mulder, clemens, etc.

so i guess my point is more, there are many ways to win. you can have great hitting, a decent starting 5 that gets you 5-6 innings and a great pen, or great strating pitching mediocre pen, great closer, average hitting, etc.

I agree with alot of what you say. But mostly I think what I'm trying to say is that guys like Bedard and Lopez, or even Bruce Chen are not going to continue pitching the way they have so far this year.

And again, just because you hadn't heard of them does not mean that they weren't aces (or very close to it) Also, by labeling them aces I'm not implying that they're on the same level as RJ, Schilling, Pedro, Clemens, etc....Just merely saying that they put up great numbers and were relied upon heavily by their team.

In the end, I still think it's pitching that wins the WS. Bottom line, even if it's starting pitching, or the bullpen. You need to have stoppers. Pitching always prevails over hitting. But you're right, the Angels did outhit the Giants. But it was really a combination of great hitting, great defense AND great pitching.

caleb welcome back.

The sox are playing like ass, the yanks areplaying good. I was hoping that both cano and jeter came up limping.lol

Should be some good games in the bronx to take over the mid season second place position of the AL east. It looks like schilling will not be back until after the all star break so hopefully we can tred water and then him coming back will be better then anyones mid season trade (unless rocket man goes somewhere)

Sweet balls baseball is fun

AMEN!!!

How can you take on some guys that are supposedly some of the best baserunners in baseball and never send them (Beltran, Reyes). Fresh brand? Give me a fucking break

Mets are garbage and have no bullpen.....they will go nowhere

That's because Willie Randolph is not a manager. He's a bench coach. He has no fucking idea what to do with that team. lmamamaoooo fucking Mets they're so fresh!

They can't even beat us when we play like dogshit.

That's because Willie Randolph is not a manager. He's a bench coach. He has no fucking idea what to do with that team. lmamamaoooo fucking Mets they're so fresh!

They can't even beat us when we play like dogshit.

Give me a break.

You can't deny that up until a weak ago, the Mets were playing better baseball then they ever have since 2000.

Give me a break.

You can't deny that up until a weak ago, the Mets were playing better baseball then they ever have since 2000.

Sorry but the Mets are not playing good baseball at all....they are getting by with their bats and a couple good innings being logged by their pitching.

If you want to watch a team play good baseball watch the Padres, Marlins or the White Sox......

Hmmmmm... Yanks are now in second place... Over Boston by a 1/2 game... Only team in the way now is Baltimore... Won 15 of the last 17... So when is this "Fluke, and idea" of playing bad teams and beating them going to escape all of your heads???

Make this next series all the more exciting... YANKS VS BOSTON starting tomorrow... Another year that is seeming to be scripted... With New York facing Boston with only 1/2 game seperating the 2... Spirits will be high, emotion and adrenalin will be off the charts... And I am glad I am off this weekend to enjoy the series!!!

LETS GO YANKS!!!

Sorry but the Mets are not playing good baseball at all....they are getting by with their bats and a couple good innings being logged by their pitching.

If you want to watch a team play good baseball watch the Padres, Marlins or the White Sox......

the mets were playing better baseball then they ever had since 2000^^^^

Hmmmmm... Yanks are now in second place... Over Boston by a 1/2 game... Only team in the way now is Baltimore... Won 15 of the last 17... So when is this "Fluke, and idea" of playing bad teams and beating them going to escape all of your heads???

Make this next series all the more exciting... YANKS VS BOSTON starting tomorrow... Another year that is seeming to be scripted... With New York facing Boston with only 1/2 game seperating the 2... Spirits will be high, emotion and adrenalin will be off the charts... And I am glad I am off this weekend to enjoy the series!!!

LETS GO YANKS!!!

I undestand your point but hear me out. The yanks have been beating bad teams and that is a fact. The sox have not been beating the bad teams, but that does not mean that those teams are good it just means the sox suck right now. Don't get me wrong what the yanks are doing means they are still a good team but until they beat the upper teams, like the sox/baltimore/white sox/minny people will have their doubts. I am not trying to start shit just my opinion.

the marlins were awesome last night...