Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Another Mobile DJ Question

djaparz

ok right now i am using two Denon DND400 cd decks... I want to upgrade to a newer model. I have used the 9000 and love it but aslo have seen the 6000.

The 6000 has a cd feed feature and the 9000 has the cd draws. Do you think that the draws are more durable than the feed unit. I am thinking atleast if the draws get stuvck i can manually remove them.. But if a cd gets stuck in teh fron feed i have to open the unit up to get it out

No the dnd-600 is better. the slot drawers don't have as many moving parts to break as the 9000.

i have both the dnd-6000 and the 4000 in my rack, side-by-side and the only time i use the 4000 is when both of the 6000 decks are being used.

(the hot start is better on the 6000 also)

the 9000 has something called an alpha track. that is basically like a whole seperate cd player within the same deck (deck A has 2 outputs and deck b has two output.....main/alpha)

the 9000 also has removable drives, more hot starts, 2 samplers as opposed to one, and some other features.

i don't like the controller on the 9000....its too small with too many buttons in that small area.