Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any reviews of Armand Van Helden?

i didnt go but my friends said it was weak...typical young trashy Avalon crowd...and they said AVH's set had an odd sound to it - supposedly played Nirvana twice...threw in My my my...but who knows, i wasnt there...i'd like to hear more reviews if anyone went...

went for a little while,

really was excited to hear Armand, but the crowd at Avalon made me leave.

hands down the worst crowd i have ever seen in my life.

made it impossible to have fun, so i bounced at about 1:30 and headed over to roger at crobar which was a fuckin blast :bounce:

Roger Sanchez totally killed Crobar and I mean it. I danced till I could no more! It wasn't underground but it wasn't commercial either. Totally deep techy tribally sexy house. Tons of remixed classics plus our current favorites. And the vibe was totally on. Glad I went.

I stayed for the whole thing. Very interesting set. It was mostly themed to remixed rock songs. I was very close to the DJ booth and I saw all his CD's had labels called "Bang Rock" :rock:

Some of the tracks I remember because the crowd went totally nuts.

ACDC- Highway To Hell

Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit

White Stripes- Seven Nation Army

Nirvana- Lithium (yah, he played two Nirvana songs no longer than 3 tracks between. I loved it because Nirvana is my favorite band but did find it shocking.)

Then he played tracks from the new album which threw the crowd into a curve. "Into Your Eyes" obviously borrows from Phil Collins' Easy Lover and "Big City Nights"? which Armand does the vocals in the grating voice he used for tracks in his Gandhi Khan album.

About the crowd; I had a friend who walked in with me and then another friend who showed up 2 hours later. They both said the same statement to me after walking into the club seperately.

"There are lot of Asians here" :hey:

And they both never saw sway dancing before, my friends wondered what the fuck they were doing. :huh::shake:

He played from 1 to 4:30 and I didnt hear My My My. If he played it, I must have walked around a bit to miss it. :mad2:

I stayed for the whole thing. Very interesting set. It was mostly themed to remixed rock songs. I was very close to the DJ booth and I saw all his CD's had labels called "Bang Rock" :rock:

Some of the tracks I remember because the crowd went totally nuts.

ACDC- Highway To Hell

Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit

White Stripes- Seven Nation Army

Nirvana- Lithium (yah, he played two Nirvana songs no longer than 3 tracks between. I loved it because Nirvana is my favorite band but did find it shocking.)

Then he played tracks from the new album which threw the crowd into a curve. "Into Your Eyes" obviously borrows from Phil Collins' Easy Lover and "Big City Nights"? which Armand does the vocals in the grating voice he used for tracks in his Gandhi Khan album.

About the crowd; I had a friend who walked in with me and then another friend who showed up 2 hours later. They both said the same statement to me after walking into the club seperately.

"There are lot of Asians here" :hey:

And they both never saw sway dancing before, my friends wondered what the fuck they were doing. :huh::shake:

He played from 1 to 4:30 and I didnt hear My My My. If he played it, I must have walked around a bit to miss it. :mad2:

Now thats a fuckin review!

damn it, im gonna be so fucking pissed at the asian sway dance when hawtin is gonna be there ... im going to bring a cattle prod and start poking mofo's out my way so i can dance