Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pioneer Mixer DJM 3000 Anyone Ever Use One ??

DJWET

Hi I was wondering if anyone here in Clubplanet Land has this mixer and the likes and dislikes about it ... Thank You !!! You can e mail me at Xmicks@aol.com ...

Wayne ( DJ WET )

New Jersey

I have played on it a couple of times at a few different clubs and partys. I like the mixer and think it's worth the money. I only have one complaint about it, the faders are too short unless you do the knob conversion. I use a Vestax PMC - 270 which has 110mm faders. I love the long faders it makes for a smoother mix.

But if you are looking at the Pioneer, you are looking at a good mixer and you should be very happy.

Thank You Mr. djmadness about the faders being too short ... Very good point ... I'm more into the faders then the knobs ... I'll still checkout your Vestax PMC - 270 with the 110mm faders ...

Wayne ( DJ WET )

New Jersey

I gotta agree about the faders being too short. Plus I don't like the sound quality that comes out of the master outputs, the effects processor that they used in it sucks (they should have used the one from the EFX-500) because it is no where near the same, the cue/program knob is controlled by the master level which I'm not peronally a fan of, and last i checked it didn't have an independant effects loop.

I use the Rane MP44........I swear I'll never use anything else.

I gotta agree about the faders being too short. Plus I don't like the sound quality that comes out of the master outputs, the effects processor that they used in it sucks (they should have used the one from the EFX-500) because it is no where near the same, the cue/program knob is controlled by the master level which I'm not peronally a fan of, and last i checked it didn't have an independant effects loop.

I use the Rane MP44........I swear I'll never use anything else.

it does have an independant effects loop

I use the mixer as well. It serves its purpose for the money, having some built in effects on board, although it definetly doesn't replace the effects from the efx500. My biggest complaint from it is that it doesn't have full kill on the eq's. If it had kills as the effects piece does, I would be a much happier person :) . Overall, like I said, it does serve its purpous.

Hi enigma0210 quick question about your Rane MP44Z does it have split cue for the headphones as in hearing channel 1 in the left ear headphone and channel 2 in the right ear headphone ??? And this Rane MP44Z is sweet looking and goes for $ 1,400.00 ...

Wayne ( DJ WET )

New Jersey

Hi enigma0210 quick question about your Rane MP44Z does it have split cue for the headphones as in hearing channel 1 in the left ear headphone and channel 2 in the right ear headphone ??? And this Rane MP44Z is sweet looking and goes for $ 1,400.00 ...

Wayne ( DJ WET )

New Jersey

Yes it does have a split cue, and the program level is independant from the master level. $1400 is a good price I paid $1350 plus tax, and I'll be honest.....I really never want to use another mixer. My boss has an MP24Z and I can't stand it. You just have soo much flexibility with the MP44 that it's insane. And its built solid too, like the switchs may look cheap, but everything has a solid yet smooth feel to it. If your gonna get it make sure you have a Pioneer EFX-500 because two go hand-in-hand.

enigma0210 I already have an own the Pioneer EFX 500 ... I love it to death ... This August 15 - 18 I will be attending the DJ Expo In Atlantic City Convention Center ... I know Rane , Pioneer , Denon , Promo Only , and ERG will have booths there ... I'll see if there's a special nice DJ EXPO price for the MP44z ...

Wayne ( DJ WET )

New Jersey