Clubplanet Nightlife Community

6.10 - In Excess @ Moda Launches!!

groovefire

I agree completely with Cookie...

First, todd did bust his arse to get up to Moda for the show. He came on at 3:30ish and played until nearly 8am. He did everything he could to show his appreciation for our patience and support, from handing out signed posters to spinning a few extra songs at the end for the few hundred people still there at 8am. On top of that, he stayed after to talk with everyone, take pictures, and sign some more. I happened to be up in the DJ booth around 7am and talked to him for quite a while afterwards. My main takeaway from our conversation was that he loves Providence more than any other city and felt really badly about what happened. He was sincere and honest...not just blowing smoke. He said that despite what the papers/blogs say, he feels Providence's vibe & excitement is still the best!!!

As for the other thoughts, here goes...

- 2nd DJ had some trouble keeping a flow, not sure if it was due to the fact he had no skills or he wasn't sure when Todd was coming on. Just kept building up and then slowing down. Kind of shitty actually.

- Crowd was ok. Met some cool people but had issues similar to those noted above.

- Music was on point. He brings it NASTY and DIRTY the way Tiesto used to. If Todd is not #1 at year end, something is wrong because his track selection, mixing, and pure love of DJing/music is unparalleled.

All in all a great night, despite some early hiccups. He mentioned he is trying to set up a late summer gig back in Providence in between his Ibiza gigs. So keep an eye out.

If anyone does get the audio, please let me know. I would love it!!!

Thanks,