Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pink Floyd Reunites For Live 8 (Waters & Gilmour together!!!)

funketeer

I'm sorry brother, I thought Pink Floyd was your second favourite band because Led Zeppelin was your # 1 favourite band...this Van Halen thing comes to me as a surprise, don't get me wrong...but, Pink Floyd second to VH??? (wowee kazawee!)

I had the opportunity to meet David Lee Roth last year right outside the press office at the MTV Video Music Awards here in Miami and honestly, he looks all fucked up...I wouldn't invite his ass to a family reunion, let alone let him front my band...he was shaking and sweaty and he asked for a cigarrette (I ain't lying to you) it's sad, but Van Halen is definitively one band that went down the drain...I know a lot of people liked what Eddie, Michael and Alex pulled off with Sammy Haggar, but you have to admit Mr Cabo Wabo exhults cheese from every pore...so does Gary Cherone from Extreme...what the hell was that???

Guess who Diamond Dave was hangin' out at the VMA's with???

The Reverend Al Sharpton!!! :laugh: They both came out to smoke a cigarrette and forgot their VIP passes so they were not allowed back into the venue...can you believe that shit??? Fucking dopeys!!!

Eddie Van Halen hates David Lee Roth because he's an attention whore, he can't stand anyone believing that Dave is the leader of the band and that's why he will not reunite with him...now, Eddie Van Halen is as much an attention whore as Dave so the tension between them is awful, Dave's behaviour and reputation is embarrassing to Eddie, that's also a strong reason why I doubt anything can happen between them...to each his own, to me...1984 was Van Halen's last worthy effort...the rest is cheese, cheese, cheese! :yuck:

Sorry bro, but if you're into playing you would understand my love for Van Halen.

Pink Floyd obviosuly accomplsihed much more and have more meaningful songs, but in musical ability, its hard to take VH. Eddie is by far the greatest at guitar (fuck Hendrix), Alex is an amazing drummer, and Michael is also an excellent bassist.

Roth can't sing, but he's a great showman.

I worked for Vic Firth a bit, and had the pleasure to meet Roth, you're absolutely right. But I also talked to Mason, and he isn't completely normal himself.

As for Zepplin, I'm seeing Robert Plant at the end of the month. Keep it rocking bro.

Sorry bro, but if you're into playing you would understand my love for Van Halen.

Pink Floyd obviosuly accomplsihed much more and have more meaningful songs, but in musical ability, its hard to take VH. Eddie is by far the greatest at guitar (fuck Hendrix), Alex is an amazing drummer, and Michael is also an excellent bassist.

Roth can't sing, but he's a great showman.

I worked for Vic Firth a bit, and had the pleasure to meet Roth, you're absolutely right. But I also talked to Mason, and he isn't completely normal himself.

As for Zepplin, I'm seeing Robert Plant at the end of the month. Keep it rocking bro.

I knew you had to be a guitar player, all guitar players love Eddie...personally, I think he is the Mozart of the electric guitar, anyone who would discuss this fact oughta listen to his tapping on "Eruption" from their debut album VH or "Spanish Fly" from Van Halen II :bowdown:

TheMan.JPG

The thing here is the human side that comes to kick them in the ass, Eddie was a workaholic chain smoker and an alcoholic throught the best years of his career and is now two years fresh out of recovering from a 10 year cancer to the mouth that has got to have taken a toll on his skills, hopefully not...I hope he gets back on the road so that we can experience his amazing skills live...at least once again, as for the band reuniting...well, you know chances are slim, there's just too much baggage there.

Enjoy Robert Plant!!! :bounce:

one of the best concerts ive ever been to..... last time they were in Miami, Orange Bowl I beleive,... also saw them in Tampa for Delicate Sound Of Thunder tour , cant forget the huge mirrored ball and "flying bed" coming from one end of the stadium to the other

How about Syd Barrett? I looked on the net, and didn't see his name mentionned. It's not an official reunion until they get his paranoid ass back in. Even though he only really wrote the Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

How about Syd Barrett? I looked on the net, and didn't see his name mentionned. It's not an official reunion until they get his paranoid ass back in. Even though he only really wrote the Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

I think that "Crazy Diamond" is still shining somewhere, but I doubt he'll ever perform again...you know he went nutz, right?

All those "Lunatic" songs are dedicated to Syd...

Could it be the last time they were in Miami was around 1995 at Joe Robbie? :confused:

Yup...with the "Division Bell" tour...it rained throughout the concert and stopped raining only for the last 25 minutes or so, when the blimp flew in from one side of the stadium unadvertedly...wicked shit!!! I was there and I got soaked, luckily before we left the car I had become "comfortably numb" ;)

I saw Roger Waters 2 years ago at West Palm and bro, that was amazing...and eerie...Roger's guitar player resembles a 25 year old Gilmour, everyone was saying he was Gilmour's son...wich is not true, but...hey, it was surreal.

take a look at Syd Barrett!!! :eek:

this was then...

sydbrochure.jpg

this is now...

Syd-Barrett-abril-2001-3.jpg

Yup...with the "Division Bell" tour...it rained throughout the concert and stopped raining only for the last 25 minutes or so, when the blimp flew in from one side of the stadium unadvertedly...wicked shit!!! I was there and I got soaked, luckily before we left the car I had become "comfortably numb" ;)

I saw Roger Waters 2 years ago at West Palm and bro, that was amazing...and eerie...Roger's guitar player resembles a 25 year old Gilmour, everyone was saying he was Gilmour's son...wich is not true, but...hey, it was surreal.

Yep ... remember getting soaked that nite ...

Also remember a buddy from college working at Bacardi at the time got us freaking good seats. They were too close :rolleyes:, I ended up half way back, near the bar checking the concert standing up ... IMO the further you were the best you could enjoy the show and visuals ... and sound :eek:

Or was it a dream? :spin:

Yep ... remember getting soaked that nite ...

Also remember a buddy from college working at Bacardi at the time got us freaking good seats. They were too close :rolleyes:, I ended up half way back, near the bar checking the concert standing up ... IMO the further you were the best you could enjoy the show and visuals ... and sound :eek:

Or was it a dream? :spin:

Excelent observation Marco, Pink Floyd concerts are thought-off from the drawing board as massive events, details are built on a large scale and they're definitively best viewed from a considerable distance...the giant circular screen allows you to see close-ups of all members of the band shuffled with alucinogenic visuals...not to mention the amazing light and laser systems, considered by many one of the best out there...what a night, hu???

:biggrin:

stage.jpg

:bounce:

hey you

Hey you, standing in the road

always doing what you're told,

Can you help me?

Hey you, out there beyond the wall,

Breaking bottles in the hall,

Can you help me?

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all

Together we stand, divided we fall.

pfloyd.jpg

I think that "Crazy Diamond" is still shining somewhere, but I doubt he'll ever perform again...you know he went nutz, right?

All those "Lunatic" songs are dedicated to Syd...

Who cares if he went bonkers? It would be great to see him and his replacment Gilmour, react to each other.

Does anyone have this:

1182f.jpg

He'd already gone nuts by then. This album is produced by Waters and Gilmour and is pretty much a good representation of Syd losing it. This was originally released in 1970. It has some interesting tunes on it but you can clearly hear the madness that was going in Syd's head.

Phish used to play "Terrapin", the first track off the album.

Does anyone have this:

1182f.jpg

He'd already gone nuts by then. This album is produced by Waters and Gilmour and is pretty much a good representation of Syd losing it. This was originally released in 1970. It has some interesting tunes on it but you can clearly hear the madness that was going in Syd's head.

my favorite track from him is "baby Lemonade" not sure what albums thats off of

Does anyone have this:

1182f.jpg

Syd reminds me of Cedric Bixler from The Mars Volta...he's absolutely nutz too!

bdo04_015.jpg

Syd can't perform anymore.

And Pink Floyd's last concert in Miami in '94 for division bell was the best concert I've ever been to hands down. The rain......the acid.....

RUN LIKE HELL!!

:smoke:

Syd did have his own solo band before, lmfao.

One more week until Robert Plant. :rock: