Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sunless Tanners

just tried the lancome bronzer the other night. put it on, went to bed about an hour later, woke up this morning tan as shit. good stuff. i think it's expensive though, but i don't pay for it so it's all good.

well if you don't pay for it I guess thats good...lol but this jergens stuff actually works really well too!

Will the Clarins make me smell like a chick? I don't want anything smelly. I'm half Italian too, so I tan farley easy. How do I know how much to use?

It has pretty much no smell to it. Once the lotion is in, it's fragrance free. My bf told me a few weeks back that he saw a CNN report about how all the self tanners are the same, in general, so I've since switched to the cheap stuff. I'm def gonna try the Jergens lotion. I'm currently using Sally Hansen's spray on, or more recently, the $20 self airbrush tanning kit, you can pick up anywhere. not for beginners, but done right, it looks great. I think the key is to exfoliate well, and moisturize 2x a day.

I think lotion because the tanner tends to dry out the skin anyway.

If after you have your Perfect Tan working, you show a lot of spotchy uneven areas, go in the shower and exfoliate that off. It is best to start with a nice clean canvas

Some weeks I use it and its 99% perfect but some weeks are not that good. I should have scraped off more of the old before applying the new.

It has pretty much no smell to it. Once the lotion is in, it's fragrance free. My bf told me a few weeks back that he saw a CNN report about how all the self tanners are the same, in general, so I've since switched to the cheap stuff. I'm def gonna try the Jergens lotion. I'm currently using Sally Hansen's spray on, or more recently, the $20 self airbrush tanning kit, you can pick up anywhere. not for beginners, but done right, it looks great. I think the key is to exfoliate well, and moisturize 2x a day.

you should try the sally hansen spray on legs, it makes your legs look flawless.

you should try the sally hansen spray on legs, it makes your legs look flawless.

yup, this stuff is my other favorite product! Self-tanner usually doesn't work too well for legs (because of shaving), so I use this stuff all the time. Just be careful where you spray it! I turned my whole bathroom tan one time. Also make sure you let it dry before you get dressed.

Do you think Tanners can get old? I bought the Lancome gel last year, used it a few times. Tried it last nite, and woke up with 0 results. Last year, the color change was apparent by the morning. Maybe it's old.

I'm sure they do get old though I don't ever remember seeing an expiration date.

For special occasions, but hardly any $, ya'll should just drop the $20 bucks and get the airbrush kit (CVS, Walgreens, etc)...just put an old towel on the floor, w/ shoes you can put on afterwards. I had tan heels for a week :vomit2:

I works just as good as Mystic (IMO) for a deep tan, say the next night out-I find the first day it can get on your clothes...

ahh, the trials and tribulations of white girls :half: err, I mean caucasain-american...

:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Even if I use the super dark formula, I still have trouble getting darker from self tanner. It just barely reacts with my skin for some reason. And no matter how much I put on my face, it stays the exact same color... no difference at all. So I just rely on bronzer for my face. Do you think your skin can just get used to self tanner, since i have been using it since 9th grade.

Even if I use the super dark formula, I still have trouble getting darker from self tanner. It just barely reacts with my skin for some reason. And no matter how much I put on my face, it stays the exact same color... no difference at all. So I just rely on bronzer for my face. Do you think your skin can just get used to self tanner, since i have been using it since 9th grade.

My face doesn't seem to get as dark either but I think I tend to wash my face a lot too so it comes off quicker.

Are there any self tanner good just for your face? I used the jergens but I think it made my face oily and i broke out a little.

There is a good Lancome just for your face. It is a lotion with a subtle self tanner in it. You can use it without breaking out. Less expensive would be Loreal for the face. You can get it at any drug store.

Are there any self tanner good just for your face? I used the jergens but I think it made my face oily and i broke out a little.

If you have sensitive skin, Clarin's is great. A little pricey, but worth it. They have face tanning gels you mgiht want to check out.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you girls already have a base tan (either tanning bedes or sun) before you apply the self tanner? Because I'm realllllly white, and even when I apply the really dark formula, I'm still light after maybe a shade or two darker.

No, I don't have a base tan. I used to "lay out" but I haven't in about 6 or 7 years. So I don't ever get REALLY dark with self tanner but it beats my normal shade of pale.