Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lawler fakes it @ Avaland

phmx17

there was a milk crate with about 15 records in it. All the channels on the mixer were muted, no records on the tables. He just pretended and flicked around the CDjs. I saw the exact same thing with Gabriel and Dresden at SPundae.

I was on the stage behind him as a covering journalist. I'm also an amateur DJ. There was no faking going on. I would have been the first to see it. His booking agents were there with him and they would have flipped out if they had seen him doing that.

Not a chance in the world that he was faking.

Word on the street is that he did rock it pretty hard though. Gotta admit, my dancing shoes are worn thinner for it.

... and Gabriel and Dresden don't fake it either. I happen to know Dave Dresden, and his fans should know that he reads every email they send him, he listens to everyone he possibly can after a show, and he scours message boards for beneficial feedback. He takes his work very, very seriously, and would saw his dick off before playing a prerecorded set. He's got some brand new tracks and is playing them wherever he can in order to get reactions from people. There's no way it's prefab.

Please guys. If you're going to say things like this, just say you don't like them, but don't make accusations that simply aren't true or can't be substantiated. That's called libel and it is a punishable offense.

I was on the stage behind him as a covering journalist. I'm also an amateur DJ. There was no faking going on. I would have been the first to see it. His booking agents were there with him and they would have flipped out if they had seen him doing that.

Not a chance in the world that he was faking.

Word on the street is that he did rock it pretty hard though. Gotta admit, my dancing shoes are worn thinner for it.

It was wonderful night. I danced from about 11 to 2 and some people looked like it was a cardio workout for them. What a wonderful wonderful time.

i hate avaland, but i hate the fact that they get all the djs i want to see even more. ever since spundae first left circus, things have gone downhill, for me. the crowd i love is still at spundae, but the music is usually at avaland. i don't go to see some of my favorite djs just because they're at avaland. people often say that one shouldn't let a crowd spoil one's fun on the dancefloor, but the clientele there is so despicable to me that i just can't enjoy myself. i'm hoping that things will settle down at some point and that the hollywood phonies will leave, allowing some room for the music-lovers.

FKNG A Weyes! I so agree with you, I love Spundae because it has better vibe, but more often than not Avaland has the best music. I would rather be somewhere the crowd is cool and the music so,so...than a place where the music is great and the people are fake... :beer:

FKNG A Weyes! I so agree with you, I love Spundae because it has better vibe, but more often than not Avaland has the best music. I would rather be somewhere the crowd is cool and the music so,so...than a place where the music is great and the people are fake... :beer:

The vibe and frienliness (sp) at Avalon on Saturday was the best ive ever seen. Nice people.

i hate avaland, but i hate the fact that they get all the djs i want to see even more. ever since spundae first left circus, things have gone downhill, for me. the crowd i love is still at spundae, but the music is usually at avaland. i don't go to see some of my favorite djs just because they're at avaland. people often say that one shouldn't let a crowd spoil one's fun on the dancefloor, but the clientele there is so despicable to me that i just can't enjoy myself. i'm hoping that things will settle down at some point and that the hollywood phonies will leave, allowing some room for the music-lovers.

Avalon in NYC doesnt have hollywood phonies, we have the INS top ten most wanted list

Well it has been a while since I've been to Giant, the last time we went was a couple months ago,when Sasha was doing his rotation, and the crowd was more than we could stand. So fake, full of people that make it feel like all there is to do is do drugs and find someone to f**k, YUK, that isnt my vibe.

You know, I'm not sure what all of you people who are bashing Avalon are on. I have been going to GIANT ever since they opened at Circus and I have been hooked. Now that I am a bit older I dont go out nearly as much as I used to and havent done drugs in like two years, but if I go out it is usually for GIANT events because of the music ...I love it. I was there for Steve Lawler and Sander Kleinember and Sasha and everytime I had an awesome time. This whole thing with the vibe...it all comes down with the company that you are with and your own mood. We should all be proud to have a club like Avaland that will host huge talent and promoters like Giant. Is nice to know that if I want to go out on a Saturday night without planning involved I will for sure find a haven for Dance music .

You know, I'm not sure what all of you people who are bashing Avalon are on. I have been going to GIANT ever since they opened at Circus and I have been hooked. Now that I am a bit older I dont go out nearly as much as I used to and havent done drugs in like two years, but if I go out it is usually for GIANT events because of the music ...I love it. I was there for Steve Lawler and Sander Kleinember and Sasha and everytime I had an awesome time. This whole thing with the vibe...it all comes down with the company that you are with and your own mood. We should all be proud to have a club like Avaland that will host huge talent and promoters like Giant. Is nice to know that if I want to go out on a Saturday night without planning involved I will for sure find a haven for Dance music .

O.K. buddy.... no one here was knocking the music, we all agreed that the music is good. And you my friend are not the only one who stood in the far out lines 5 years ago at circus. I only spoke about the last time I went, implying that maybe it was an isolated event. So chill out cranky pants...

:tongue: No matter what we will always follow the music.....

:dj::clap:

...This whole thing with the vibe...it all comes down with the company that you are with and your own mood...
i will agree to disagree, and i will point out that i can't disagree with you more.

i'd also say that you probably know what sancib and i are talking about and that crowds HAVE ruined your nights quite a few times (if you have been going out for a number of years), but that the crowd at avaland that bothers us just doesn't particularly bother you.

well said Charlie. if you're having a good time with your people and the music's great.. whats the problem? so what if you think other people are doing this or that.. everyones having a good time. and if you're the ones copping attitude and sacrificing good times because of other people, then maybe it's your problem, not the clubs, other people or whatever else.. have fun a small clubs with local dj's the rest of your life. lol :P

:boohoo: NOT!!!! he,he,he. I go where I want, when I want. Hmmmm, I dont think liquified is little local d.j's, unless you call "Digweed" little, I have been to many Giant functions and been very pleased. If you both would read, isolated events, being the theme. It happens, even if it doesnt ruin your night, it may perhaps be not as good as you know it has been. You can always distract yourself from KNUCKLEHEADS, point being there was a time when you didnt have to, or they didnt outnumber you. :tongue: Chances are that you both have probably met weyes and myself at a cool ass show, think about it.... I am super duper nice and love to meet/make new friends. So stop being so defensive, we all share the common bond of music, lets respect each others opinions :love:

tru, defense comes with offense tho. but we probably have at least said whatsup or have a good night, cuz thats how me and my friends like to carry. so party on. Ill be at Zabiela on the 16th and possibly Dubfire the night before. peace