Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Brass Monkey/Countdown

whaddup trancend,

i am pretty sure i am going to brass monkey, i went to BM2K earlier this year, and i had a lot of fun. i thought that there were a lot of shady characters though.. but i love roseland, and the light show was nice!

hopefully we can round some people up for this event..

definitely want to check out some sympty parties, haven't had a chance to make it to any of their countdown parties. frown.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

Cajmere , Chris Liberator , John The Dentist, Joey Beltram , Frankie Bones, Kliprock , Future Funk, Dever , Rob Devs ,

Gonzo , Tommy Tunes, more TBA. Located @ Roseland Ballroom, 239 W.52nd Street Between 8th & B.Way NYC. Info

See if Jon the Dentist shows or wusses out like he did at the butter ball...

------------------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

-Bom.

Guys...you are great!

I have known the Uptown Underground Crew since way back when...They are like my older brothers. It makes me so happy to see reviews like this of their parties. They put ALOT of work into them. I don't know if anyone was at the party where they totally took back control of the raves from the BTS kids. Laser lights read "FUCK BTS"? Anyone remember that Roseland party? As far as Liberator, he will be there, 100% positive. They are good friends with him. They are really well respected by many European DJ's because of their knowledge and love for the music. To them, unlike alot of promoters, it is all abot giving back to the scene. Anyone old enough to know "Rave Rock"??? All the free outlaws? Well, anyway, I'll be there, hope to maybe meet up with some of you finally! Let me know who's going and we can try to hook up.

Also if your definatly going, I'd suggest you get your tix in advance. I'm not sure if any of you are aware, but the owner of Roseland has been trying to sell the spot and they are going to make it into office space. There is a good possibility that this will be the last Roseland party!!!

[img "]http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/smilies/cwm38.gif THANKS MUCH FOR THE LOVE, SUPPORT, RESPECT!

Originally posted by industyre:

I'm not sure if any of you are aware, but the owner of Roseland has been trying to sell the spot and they are going to make it into office space. There is a good possibility that this will be the last Roseland party!!!

OMG that is horrible news!! (sniff sniff) sooo many good memories in that place - raves and concerts i've been to - ugggh this is just too sad - when is brass monkey i didnt even know they still have those parties. i went to the first one awhile back mustve been 95 or 96 i think ??

cwm14.gif i'm sad

------------------

Originally posted by industyre:

Guys...you are great!

I have known the Uptown Underground Crew since way back when...They are like my older brothers. It makes me so happy to see reviews like this of their parties. They put ALOT of work into them. I don't know if anyone was at the party where they totally took back control of the raves from the BTS kids. Laser lights read "FUCK BTS"? Anyone remember that Roseland party? As far as Liberator, he will be there, 100% positive. They are good friends with him. They are really well respected by many European DJ's because of their knowledge and love for the music. To them, unlike alot of promoters, it is all abot giving back to the scene. Anyone old enough to know "Rave Rock"??? All the free outlaws? Well, anyway, I'll be there, hope to maybe meet up with some of you finally! Let me know who's going and we can try to hook up.

Also if your definatly going, I'd suggest you get your tix in advance. I'm not sure if any of you are aware, but the owner of Roseland has been trying to sell the spot and they are going to make it into office space. There is a good possibility that this will be the last Roseland party!!!

[img <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/smilies/cwm38.gif" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/smilies/cwm38.gif</A> THANKS MUCH FOR THE LOVE, SUPPORT, RESPECT!

can u get at me with the contact infomation for uptown underground ??

joe@digitalnosie.com

thanks

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

• 22 years later...
On 12/7/2000 at 10:11 AM, industyre said:

Guys...you are great!

[img "]http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/smilies/cwm38.gif THANKS MUCH FOR THE LOVE, SUPPORT, RESPECT!

Like a time capsule.....so fuckin' cool. I'm reading this post on March 27th 2023. I was at that Brass Monkey party. It was during the week between Christmas and NYE, 1998. I remember Frankie gettin on the mic and (to put it nicley) formally denouncing BTS. There was a guy there in a big pink bunny suit like Ralphie from a Christmas Story. One of the best oarties I had ever been to.

Now I'm old. And you are too.