Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sandra Day Oconnor to retire

Bush should tread carefully here. History has shown that judges dont always follow the ideologies of the presidents that appoint them.

for example, frankfurter, the most dominant conservative judge of the 1900's, was appointed by FDR. three of the most liberal judges, potter, warren & brennan, were appointed by Eisenhower.

Bush should tread carefully here. History has shown that judges dont always follow the ideologies of the presidents that appoint them.

for example, frankfurter, the most dominant conservative judge of the 1900's, was appointed by FDR. three of the most liberal judges, potter, warren & brennan, were appointed by Eisenhower.

I think one of the biggest misconceptions that people have is that judges are chosen on Ideology. I don't care if someone is liberal or conservative in thier ideology I care about the fact that the supreme court has made law or twistd existing law where there is no law. it the constitution needs to be changed it needs to happen through congress not through the courts. the whole point of the constitution was that the Federal gov't was supposed to have enumerated powers and the rest to the several states. the fact is that the supreme court has constitently found law where ther is no law, the Kelo decision being one of them.

I find the whole notion of liberal and conservative judges very distressing. Aren't judges supposed to be neutral? Anway Bush has always praised Justices Scalia and Clarence Thomas who are both extremely conservative. I predict he will appoint someone in that mold.

I find the whole notion of liberal and conservative judges very distressing. Aren't judges supposed to be neutral? Anway Bush has always praised Justices Scalia and Clarence Thomas who are both extremely conservative. I predict he will appoint someone in that mold.

Judges are supposed to find a nexus between the facts and the law