Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SASHA & DIGWEED MUSIC & SALARY NEWS

If you can't make it out to catch Sasha in Australia on New Years Eve don't panic. You will be able to hear his set in the comfort of your own living room courtesy of Radio1. His set will be recorded live and then broadcast as an Essential Mix Special sometime in January 2001. Sasha and John Digweed are also taking a few of their friends & family out to Australia and intend to spend a few days around the new year relaxing out there.

In "money related" news:

There are stories circulating on the internet about their salaries for the gigs, with payments ranging from $200,000 to $400,000 Australian dollars each, per gig. Apparently they are even getting flown between Melbourne and Sydney on Lear Jets, which is an expensive proposition as Australian airport curfews apply at 3am in the morning.

Also rumoured that Sasha & Digweed's contract with Twilo is worth $250K over 2 years, or 24 shows. Make of these what you will.

cwm39.gif

------------------

maybe someday is when it all stops or maybe someday always comes again...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

if what i heard is correct, s+d have a $250k contract to play 12 times a year, hence about $10.5k per show per person, dont know if their contract runs out this year or next but with dark trance becoming more and more mainstream, i believe those numbers will be negotiated higher, very soon. how did vath get that much more? good mgr? and pvd getting $15k sounds about right.

dp

Originally posted by benzo:

sasha and digweed from what i heard make 20-30k per set at twilo.

I heard that too... Ppl say they get around 14K each every last friday of every month... now THAT's a paycheck hehehe

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"