Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Above & Beyond at SPUNDAE LA 7/16

tsg

ABOVE & BEYOND

Above & Beyond have become one of the world's most respected production teams, known particularly for their peerless take on vocal trance. They formed in 1999 when Anjunabeats founders Paavo Siljamaki (left, Finland) and Jono Grant (right, Wales and England) teamed up with Tony McGuinness (centre, Ireland and England) originally just to complete a Chakra remix commissioned by WEA. The mix, quickly supported by Pete Tong, Paul Oakenfold and many others, has become a club classic and immediately put Above & Beyond top of the list for trance remixes.

The name "Above & Beyond" was picked from a web-page stuck to the studio wall while the bike waited outside for "Chakra Home" the trio's first output. A certain Jono Grant (no relation) was advertising his brand of motivational training on the web and our Jono had come across the page while surfing the net. The words "Above & Beyond" were across the top of the web page Jono had printed out, and seemed to fit perfectly with the aspirations of Jono, Paavo & Tony - better quality trance.

Above & Beyond are without doubt one of the most exciting talents in the global dance music scene today. Their genre-defining productions - often released on their own Anjunabeats label - have become an essential tool for the world's leading DJ's and have set the benchmark for the new generation of trance producers. Above & Beyond - aka Jono Grant, Tony McGuinness and Paavo Siljamäki - have recorded under a number of different aliases: Aalto, Dirt Devils, Free State, Mike Koglin vs. Jono Grant, Nitromethane, Oceanlab, P.O.S and Tranquility Base. Equally comfortable behind the decks as in the studio, as DJ's Above & Beyond have rocked dancefloors at venues such as Godskitchen, Gatecrasher and Cream, as well as internationally.

300_abovebeyond.jpg

Main room:

ABOVE & BEYOND

aboveandbeyond.nu :: anjunabeats

SWEDISH EGIL GABRIEL

grooveradio.com :: sweden

with live percussion by VIGEN

houseroom hosted by:

Electronic Hand Lotion

BRIAN MCGUIRE

JUPITER

AQUA VEE

the loft brought to you by: The Blond

HUANG LUU

joshua heath

BRANDON GOODE

matthew derham

CIRCUS presents SPUNDAE

2O.OOO sqft. of indoor clubbing and LA largest outdoor patio :: 2I and over clubbing 9.OOpm till 4.OOam :: FREE b4 9.3Opm* *special events excluded :: Valet and self-parking at club entrance

6655 Santa Monica Blvd.

Behind arena in the heart of Hollywood

oh i CANNOT believe i found you over here!!! :beer:

maybe we should move the rest of the gangs? :D

Damn I was hoping no one would notice I was here. :aaah:

You know how the drama always follows me around. :gang:

DeepFunk wants to know? hahahahaha... Oh no you don't!

back off battlebutts.. this is my old territory.. how dare you get in on my peeps.. you leave deepfunk and weyes alone.. they're mine... all mine...

fyi kids... it's my birthday celebration on saturday if any of you are interesting we'll be having dinner on hollywood and highland and then might go for a night cap at spundae because TSG... TRINITY :P and KELLI... will be there also...

deepfunk.. I miss you :pint:

LOLA i love you!

my birthday is actually on sunday.. I will be going to the hollywood bowl so if anyone else is going to be attending let me know and you can join my crew..

Weyes.. i'm still so sorry to hear about your accident.. I'm just happy you're ok and that you're still staying strong!! love you girlie

deepfunk... :love: