Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BBC edits out the word terrorist

igloo

Fucking absurd.....classic example of useful idiots

By Tom Leonard

(Filed: 12/07/2005)

The BBC has re-edited some of its coverage of the London Underground and bus bombings to avoid labelling the perpetrators as "terrorists", it was disclosed yesterday.

Early reporting of the attacks on the BBC's website spoke of terrorists but the same coverage was changed to describe the attackers simply as "bombers".

The BBC's guidelines state that its credibility is undermined by the "careless use of words which carry emotional or value judgments".

Consequently, "the word 'terrorist' itself can be a barrier rather than an aid to understanding" and its use should be "avoided", the guidelines say.

Rod Liddle, a former editor of the Today programme, has accused the BBC of "institutionalised political correctness" in its coverage of British Muslims.

A BBC spokesman said last night: "The word terrorist is not banned from the BBC."

Fucking absurd.....classic example of useful idiots

By Tom Leonard

(Filed: 12/07/2005)

The BBC has re-edited some of its coverage of the London Underground and bus bombings to avoid labelling the perpetrators as "terrorists", it was disclosed yesterday.

Early reporting of the attacks on the BBC's website spoke of terrorists but the same coverage was changed to describe the attackers simply as "bombers".

The BBC's guidelines state that its credibility is undermined by the "careless use of words which carry emotional or value judgments".

Consequently, "the word 'terrorist' itself can be a barrier rather than an aid to understanding" and its use should be "avoided", the guidelines say.

Rod Liddle, a former editor of the Today programme, has accused the BBC of "institutionalised political correctness" in its coverage of British Muslims.

A BBC spokesman said last night: "The word terrorist is not banned from the BBC."

Igloo, even though you tend to insult those who oppose your views for once I have to agree with you on this issue at hand. For a reliable source such as the BBC, I find it appalling that they have decided to edit out the word terrorist in place of bombers as the ones responsible for the attacks on the London subways. The asshats responsible for the attacks fall nothing short of terrorist in my opinion. But the bbc are a privately owned network and can do anything they want (though I personally don't like the idea of them substituting terrorist with bombers). My prayers go out to the families and friends who lost loved ones in this latest tragedy and I hope the ones who caused the explosions are captured and put away for good.

we all play with the english language everyday.... what is the definition of "is" is...Iraq has WMD etc....shock and awe...I think the iraqi resistance is doing all the shock and awe here...LOL!

its just sad that we have all become lawyers and twist the english language to our gains......

when will we all call bullshit, bullshit, a murder a murder....

Igloo, even though you tend to insult those who oppose your views for once I have to agree with you on this issue at hand. For a reliable source such as the BBC, I find it appalling that they have decided to edit out the word terrorist in place of bombers as the ones responsible for the attacks on the London subways. The asshats responsible for the attacks fall nothing short of terrorist in my opinion. But the bbc are a privately owned network and can do anything they want (though I personally don't like the idea of them substituting terrorist with bombers). My prayers go out to the families and friends who lost loved ones in this latest tragedy and I hope the ones who caused the explosions are captured and put away for good.

I don't insult those who oppose my views smartly and constructively....I insult those that offer bullshit, spew baseless vomit, anti-American propoganda, clueless statements, ignorant views, bloviating bile, and uneducated drivel.....sort of like what you mostly offer :)

The BBC "reliable"?????........no

I am not sure if I want those responsible captured and put away for good....while the tax dollars of those they seek to inflict harm on give them three meals, a Koran, and a bed............I think I would rather see them killed, and have their "wish" of dying expedited, courtesy of the infidels.....

Please spare me if you are going to state "that is what makes us better than them" by treating these animals with a "law enforcement" approach.......for me, it is war....kill them

igloo, the BBC is a reliable source. they are usually very well balanced on most issues. have you ever actually watched it?

oh....destruction.....BBC is not really privately owned. its a non-profit that receives large subsidies from the British gov't in the form of mandatory liscence fees from TV viewers. its top executives are chosen by the Queen.

igloo, the BBC is a reliable source. they are usually very well balanced on most issues. have you ever actually watched it?

oh....destruction.....BBC is not really privately owned. its a non-profit that receives large subsidies from the British gov't in the form of mandatory liscence fees from TV viewers. its top executives are chosen by the Queen.

The BBC may as well be Hot-Hezbelloh 100, playing all you favorite terrorist hits from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and today.

The BBC has been anything but balanced and reliable on these matters.

With respects to other issues, perhaps. And perhaps not. Hence the constant controversy over a govt subsidized entity being viewed/analyzed as not being balanced.

With respects to other issues, perhaps. And perhaps not. Hence the constant controversy over a govt subsidized entity being viewed/analyzed as not being balanced.

the big critics of BBC News bias come from its rivals, which would gain substaintially if BBC News was killed off. the biggest critic is SkyNews, which *shockingly* has the same parent as Fox News.

The BBC may as well be Hot-Hezbelloh 100, playing all you favorite terrorist hits from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and today.

The BBC has been anything but balanced and reliable on these matters.

can you be more specific?

oh wait...i forgot...if it isnt pro-israel its biased.

can you be more specific?

oh wait...i forgot...if it isnt pro-israel its biased.

Not saying pro-Israel at all.....but they have not been balanced with respects to that situation for a long, long time. And that is a fact. Your call if you choose to ignore it in your defense of the "balanced" BBC. But there are plenty of people and organizations who disagree with you. And these groups may even include others than just Israel and neocons. Nah, that could never be true, right?

But of course, the BBC did an excellent balanced piece on the migration patterns of the South American Finch.

we alll know Igloo is a rightwing gaza settlement dwelling, land enroaching new yorker....

his views are of no importance...

Not saying pro-Israel at all.....but they have not been balanced with respects to that situation for a long, long time. And that is a fact. Your call if you choose to ignore it in your defense of the "balanced" BBC. But there are plenty of people and organizations who disagree with you. And these groups may even include others than just Israel and neocons. Nah, that could never be true, right?

But of course, the BBC did an excellent balanced piece on the migration patterns of the South American Finch.