Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THE DISADVANTAGES OF BEAUTY?

Originally posted by k_car:

Mikey (tyco) - That was beautiful man. I think I'm gonna cry... *sniff*

Ha ha ha......thanks k_car......I'm happy someone actually read that whole thing.......much love here...

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Mikey, i agree with you on half of what you said. ideally, one should not be distracted by one's own, or other's, physical appearance. ideally, one should concentrate one's energies on the personality. but we don't live in this ideal world wherein people behave ideally. in our prejudiced reality, the beautiful people (i heard Marilyn Manson just now) receive more attention and are given more favor than those not so attractive. sometimes to the point that the beautiful person doesn't want that much.

for instance, take a night in a club. you have a hot girl getting hit on left and right. and you have a butt girl that guys pretend not to see. and then you have the intrinsically beautiful guy who does not judge based on looks and he goes to hit on both of them. the hot girl has been pursued all night by some persistent guys and brushes off the intrinsically beautiful guy because, quite frankly, she has more attention than she wants and how is she to know that this guy is not hitting on her just for her looks? the butt girl has had no one trying to "get to know" her, and when the intrinsically beautiful guy comes up to her, she is appreciative and reciprocates.

so, because the attention of the intrinsically beautiful guy is more disposable to the hot girl than to the butt girl, does this make the butt girl a better person with greater inner beauty? or could you say that the hot girl, despite her having brushed off the guy, could have the greater inner beauty? is the hot girl at all pitiable because she must brandish a higher wall and thus may be missing out on some great people? do remember that a lower wall means more unwanted attention, and more vulnerability