Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Elite Ent Dj Challenge @ Surfclub Sunday

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mikey, this just reinforces what we already know....u know nothing about the club business.....stick to limos

ha ha.......... kirk, your funny bro....... yes, u been djing for a long time ( too bad u r still playing the same music from 5 yrs ago) Ok, how is a dj suppose to learn how to read a crowd or see how he will do with a crowd, if the promoter is putting him on when barely anyone in the club???? Also kirk, u mentioned being a "good dj", well isn't a "good dj" suppose to push and educate his patrons???, any dj can play a whole nite of classics, nothing special. Bro, u r just like the rest of the dj's, u all sound the same , play the same old records, week and a week out, grow a sense of identity and also try going to a record store and stop playing the crap u get from your ktu record pool, tons of hot tracks outthere, PLAY SOME.

Nice kirk...

like the man said...young DJ's need to pay their DUES like we all have.

there are many times i have played w/ and up and comming DJ and all they do is blow there load as soon as they go on. If they all did the right thing...there would be more opportunities for them to play.

what's the right thing??? what do u mean? do they drop hard shit at like 11pm or something???

mikey, u don't go to the clubs i work at so u don't know what i play.....u heard me once at a ktu night at soundgarden and maybe once at joey's and u talk shit.....i think that's pretty funny............i know u are a big denny fan but he does a lot of classics nights and plays a lot of classics regularly(no disrespect to denny). mendez also plays a lot of classics....boris had his biggest night playing classics this weekend....go to djais for happy hour and listen to kip.....plays absolutely nothing new but the place is bananas.rock, hip hop, freestyle....people don't want to be educated u dumb fuck.....u don't even go to clubs. the funny thing is u criticise me and u don't even know what i play....too funny.....u know shit about the nightclub business and you'll alway be a clown....your a jackass....lol

what's the right thing??? what do u mean? do they drop hard shit at like 11pm or something???

When i started...i was DJing the Music Factory...a teen club. As i got older...i had opportunities to play the big clubs opening for BIG and Small DJ's. I didn't play hard, i did the right thing by playing thr right music for the right time. That is how i got my name around to the big promoters...opening and doing it right. Developing relationships with the big DJ's who i played with and not giving them the opportunity to say "This kid can't play...all he does is open and blow his load and dropping every bomb there is.." Little by little i got my recognation and got my first NYC redidencies...CHEETAH, ROXY, SOUND FACOTRY, LIMELIGHT...all those places...cause i was doing the right thing by everyone.

Andrew

kinda hard to pay your dues when your demo isnt even listened to, rather just used as a coaster to put your drink on, but hey what can you do right? thats the name of the game. "who do you know and what have you done for me lately?"

not targeting anyone in particular......just stating what i have experienced in jersey.....new york seems to be much more open minded....

OMG I CANT TAKE THE STUPIDITY ANYMORE

NEW YORK CITY HAS A NEW SPOT OPENING EVERY FUCKING WEEK SO OFCOURSE THERE OPEN MINDED.

PLUS THE POPULATION IS LIKE 10 ZILLION SO THE SCENE IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

PAY UR DUES AND GET A SPOT

OMG I CANT TAKE THE STUPIDITY ANYMORE

NEW YORK CITY HAS A NEW SPOT OPENING EVERY FUCKING WEEK SO OFCOURSE THERE OPEN MINDED.

PLUS THE POPULATION IS LIKE 10 ZILLION SO THE SCENE IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

PAY UR DUES AND GET A SPOT

meh dont sweat it buddy....i already got my spot :aright:

exactly whats wrong with jersey.....instead of having a discussion you need to go ahead and call someone stupid.......is there a need for that son? come on now.....i havent gone and insulted you now......im just trying to find out what the deal is.....