Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bin Laden's Coke Plot

precog

Osama bin Laden planned to sell poisoned cocaine in the U.S. to kill thousands of American drug users, The New York Post reported. But drug lords were said to have refused to go along with the plan.

The Al-Qa'ida leader's plan was set to go in effect a year after the September 11 attacks, The Post said, citing unnamed law enforcement sources familiar with the Drug Enforcement Administration's investigation into the abortive plot.

U.S. officials were informed of the plot only this year, the paper said.

Mr. Bin Laden personally met with Colombian drug lords at an unknown location in 2002 to buy tons of cocaine and finance the deal worth tens of millions of dollars, the Post reported.

The plan was to kill thousands of Americans, more than the 3,000 who died in the World Trade Center attack, and spread terror. But the drug lords refused for two reasons, the paper said, citing sources.

Such an attack, if successful, would have killed the drug cartels' U.S. sale -- the United States is the world's largest cocaine consumer -- for years to come. The cartels also feared massive retaliation from the U.S. if Americans started dying from the drugs.

What do you think? Is such a plot doable? Is it possible to remove the threat by cutting off the demand for cocaine and its supply?

If this meeting really happened, I think what went down is this. The Cartels saw a huge opportunity here--negotiate with Bin Laden, shine him on, string him along...

...and put in a back-channel call to the CIA, saying that "we're meeting with Osama bin Laden at a certain secret place in a week, and we'll give him to you if you'll just look the other way on us for fifteen years. Nobody has to know, you guys just pick up OBL, and we just stay out of the picture and mind our own business".

That's what I'd do, if I were a cartel leader. :type:

Man you have to be the dumbest bitch Ive seen in a long tiem

Your mom goes to college.... :biggrin: At least I can spell "time" correctly. :laugh:

OH, and...I'm onto you. :biggrin: oh yeah, that's right...quit whining or I'll post your name for all to see what a COWARD you really are. actualy I hope you keep doing it..I want to humiliate you anyways. you deserve it. :duel: go ahead..DO IT DO IT!!!!

and don't EVEN try to pin it on raincry...huh-huh-huh..too late for that, you AMA-TEUR. :rofl: