Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Josh Wink @ PS1 this Saturday

i had crazy fun, i went to see pullen, and he was awesome, :bounce: ,

wink was ok,

but bad idea to have him spin after stacey,

i really haven't enjoyed the last couple of times iv seen him, he's had very sleepy sets, he spins that way at partys :huh: he actually spun better at ps1 then he did at bang,

the exibits were very....experimental :woah:

they were cool but very weird and morbid, got too packed at the end.. i had to dance in the pebble sand wich sucked, and those target frisbes hurt like hell

and ya that opener sucked...

Stacey was awesome! He represented Detroit proper, being that there were only about 40 people there who had probably ever seen him spin before, i think he blew everyone away, amazing.......he really showed the more soulful side of the detroit tech scene, but he threw in some bangers as well.

PS1 has totally changed since i started going in 02.......i saw two overdoses and security was everywhere, every single room had a security guard. cops did not look pleased and were making arrests.....looks like a few meatheads are going to ruin it for the rest of the class.

Wink was disappointing, left halfway through his set, listened to the rest on WPS1 at home, thought it was tired.

Party at Wolf/Lamb afterwards was off the hook.

couldn't agree more. btw, the last track was higher state of conciousness, an "original" of his, 5 FUCKIN YEARS AGO! after seeing him throw it down at canal room and him going on after pullen just made his set that much sadder. someone tell him to throw that fuckin 303 out of the fuckin window and back into 99 where it belongs.

actually, it came out 10 years ago.

regardless of the fact that the day lost all the momentum it had picked up the moment winky got on, i still had fun.,. for me ps1 is more of an overall eperience that just a few dj sets.,. just my point of view.,. i saw sooo many familair faces, which is always good, and i met plenty of new people, which, again, is always good.,,. its summer.,. im all about being outside and chillen with friends.,. so i wont even complain about how stacey had everyone going strong and then wink came on and went minimal on that shit.,. only stayed for half of his set anyways, needed a disconap.,. sun+beer+dancing=tired jess

Stacey was awesome! He represented Detroit proper, being that there were only about 40 people there who had probably ever seen him spin before, i think he blew everyone away, amazing.......he really showed the more soulful side of the detroit tech scene, but he threw in some bangers as well.

PS1 has totally changed since i started going in 02.......i saw two overdoses and security was everywhere, every single room had a security guard. cops did not look pleased and were making arrests.....looks like a few meatheads are going to ruin it for the rest of the class.

Wink was disappointing, left halfway through his set, listened to the rest on WPS1 at home, thought it was tired.

Party at Wolf/Lamb afterwards was off the hook.

The overdoses are just retarded really ... at a day party!? come on people someone smoke a joint and chill out. One guy totally looked like he was going to die, I had to get the security guard myself...

As everyone else has said so far, Pullen killed it and should have closed up considering winks slow, and at times blah set.

I did tho LOVE hearing higher state of consciousness, i dont understand why veknyc is hating so hard on that song. Come on meng, arent the classics always the best!? ..

One guy totally looked like he was going to die, I had to get the security guard myself...

As everyone else has said so far, Pullen killed it and

if that is the guy i'm thinking of, it was possibly not drugs. he was carrying around an empty bottle of smirnoff before he dropped.

The guy right near the back of the dancefloor? under that apartments patio?

dude was having convulsions and swinging at the emt's......couldn't sit still......

was wearing a tan button down short sleve. Eyes in the back of his head, girls kept pouring water on his face. Some kept saying to me, He isnt responding .. he isnt responding. I figured at that point it was time to find the security gaurd. No one gets that drunk .. well .. damn if you can get that drunk at 6pm, then more power to you.

On a lighter note, the beach ball thing was fucking cool to watch. I got a few nice pictures of that, will post later.

i thought wink was great....thats just his style.....mini tech.....but its tru that he totally ruined the momentum that pullen set up. fucking crazy.

respek detroit techno

ju was there?! Pendejo, i texteded u!!

I think too many people underestimated pullen, and expected him to lead into wink..........

I still think if wink was goign to drop a set like that he should have said to pullen, please close it out proper!

whoever takes pics for CP needs to learn to take less pics of people and more pics of the event.

I was thinking the same thing. For the love of god i dont need 3 pics of that blad chick kissing her thespian lover ..

are u going next week perhaps?

For lovebug starski .. fuck yea mi amigo .. CYPHERS FINALLY HOMIE!?