Clubplanet Nightlife Community

chicago hard house?

*that's* why baxSTAR gets in for free thru kurfew . . . it's all starting to come together now. biggrin.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by cotoncandydream:

I don't know why people classify it as CHICAGO HARD HOUSE. When DJ's the pioneered it are Frankie Knuckles, Lil Louie Vega, Francois Kevorkian, and a bunch of others from NY. Even DJ's now like CORBETT spin that hard house.

Sorry but you are WRONG again. Musical director,LOL.

I suggest you do some research.

Originally posted by back2basics:

Rob seriously this girl has proved again and again she hasn't got a clue. I was going to explain why her original comment was way off, but it's not worth it.

pleeeeeeeease do. smile.gif so then rob can smile and have a happy day cause not only is he right, he's got everyone agreeing with him wink.gif lol. J/K!

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Ok smile.gif

Firstly as everybody has told you Chicago Hard house is like happy hardcore it's much fater rave based.

What Frankie did (and he lived in Chicago until he had some sucess then moved to NY), was to take disco tracks and loop them.. now this was in the late 70's early 80's. Also a man called Jessy Sauderson was doing it around this time. So 4/4 beat looped in the late 70's gives Frankie and Chicago the prize for creating house (as every journalist accepts). Not that it matters, it's just nice to actually know something about what you make comments about.

So to recap, Chicago hard house is a product of the 90's, house music was a product of the 70's and they are two different things. And the reason why people name Chicago as the origionator is because it was. No charge for the lesson.

And......

The outer Space (or the terrace as people like to call it), isn't about hard house at all. I have been 7 years running, I have been to opening parties, closing parties and in between the terrace isn't about one style of music. If DT plays there he plays his normal style, if Cox plays there expect a little more techno. And I have seen Louis and Frankie play in Europe and over here and have never herd either of the play hard house. Especially Frankie.

Oh and Francois K an origionater of house music.... never herd that before.

you did spell that name right, but thats about it. It's nothing personal, but even when your wrong you still give people attitude.

I TOOK THE TIME TO BUMO THIS UP CASUE CHICAGO HARD HOUSE IS OFF THE HEEEEEEEEZY

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

B2B> François K is a pioneer of house music in my opinion (though not on the same level of Frankie Knuckles). I think Body & Soul is a club/event/movement like no other in the world; and it seems many in the industry fully agree.

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."