Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are you happy?

deepspell

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's up with all these fucking books people are writing?

we discussed future plans, worries.. not just say we are unhappy with our jobs i guess... ???

i dont know why material posessions are here... i really dont think material possessions matter in the grand scheme of things... yeah it's nice to have a bmw but without anyone to drive places with what's the point.. i dont get it...

i think shoping is therapeutic but it only fixes everything short-term.. . kinda like a bandaid on an open wound.. yeah it provides temporary relief but in the grand scheme of things it isnt gonna get the job done....

As for Work:

I am very happy where I am.. I was layed off from my last job in June 04... Took the summer off, moved to La for a while... Came to where I work now, started off as low as you could go and have worked my way up... Now I am 2 times as better off than where I was from my last job.

As For Friends:

I am Completely happy...(except for that Stymie Guy)

Love Life...

I dont think i'll ever be satisfied..

totally valid point. i guess i was just at a loss for things to talk about when listing what you are "happy about"

not a jab at you or anything... i just dont get how people can be like... fuck yeah, im happy.. im driving a jag... but then only use it to drive to and from work...

hmm, i always seem to want more no matter what, but i've been trying lately to enjoy the now as well. really starting to value the freedom and lack of ties i have, because i know it cant last for very long. my friends are great, when i get to see them...most are getting married or well on their way. A few will be having kids within 9 months too. Their lives are at different points than mine, which blows. i dont go out much and i also have been studying for my GMAT, so i havent met too many people.

regarding material possessions, the only thing i really want is a new car and an AFFORDABLE condo. unfortunately, the only cars i want are $30-36K and condos are disgustingly overpriced. my job is whatever...not going to learn much more. but the bastards will pay for my grad school, which will probably start up next yr. might have something else in the works as well :D more $$$ is always good :bounce:

i still hate baltimore and would rather not live here, but cant have everything my way. what a shithole...

i thought u got a honda?

not happy with it??

i love mine

As for Work:

I am very happy where I am.. I was layed off from my last job in June 04... Took the summer off, moved to La for a while... Came to where I work now, started off as low as you could go and have worked my way up... Now I am 2 times as better off than where I was from my last job.

As For Friends:

I am Completely happy...(except for that Stymie Guy)

Love Life...

I dont think i'll ever be satisfied..

I still love you :love:

money doesnt bring happiness to a certain extent. but how can u be happy with out money? you need money to eat. have a place to live ect.

yet for the most part it still doesnt bring you joy. you can be driving a bently, but if you have no one to love or love you back, and are not satisfied with yourself, no amount of money can get you that.

...i am at the lowest i have ever been financially....i am as single as can be....i have no idea where my career and home situation is heading....BUT...i am the happiest i have been in years...and i leave for san diego in less than an hour....woot woot....

i thought u got a honda?

not happy with it??

i love mine

yeah, i think we have the same model. mechanicly its great. same old story though...the seats bother the hell out of me, even after trying every model back support from The Healthy Back. I've ridden in other cars, many of which are also bucket seats, and have had no issue. what a waste :blah:

...i am at the lowest i have ever been financially....i am as single as can be....i have no idea where my career and home situation is heading....BUT...i am the happiest i have been in years...and i leave for san diego in less than an hour....woot woot....

you just gave me a boner... :lickit:

are you happy with your life at this point?

Material Possesions, Career, Love life, friends can be some of the factors.

have you made better progress from a year or two back?

things can always be better for me, but for the time being i am some what happy...

not a jab at you or anything... i just dont get how people can be like... fuck yeah, im happy.. im driving a jag... but then only use it to drive to and from work...

i took "material things" as maybe something like say an apartment or a house rather than a fancy type of car or clothing...

No. I had made progress then I took a step back.

ebb and flow bebe... everything needs to move forward then recede only to move forward again... i feel as if ive taken quantum leaps backward in life, only to find out that i needed to in order to move foward again because i was headed in the wrong direction... i see it as if you made a wrong turn going to your destination and it was into a dead end street you need to reverse get back onto the road you were on in order to move forward to the place you were initially headed... just a thought... hope you can relate...

money doesnt bring happiness to a certain extent. but how can u be happy with out money? you need money to eat. have a place to live ect.

yet for the most part it still doesnt bring you joy. you can be driving a bently, but if you have no one to love or love you back, and are not satisfied with yourself, no amount of money can get you that.

Money can't directly buy you happiness, but if you have a lot of money it can buy you something else just as important which is time... If you had enough money so that you didn't have to work you would have the time to persue the things that in turn would make you happy. Since most of us work 40+ hrs a week we tend to take those hours for granted. Imagine what you could do with all that extra time...

Money can't directly buy you happiness, but if you have a lot of money it can buy you something else just as important which is time... If you had enough money so that you didn't have to work you would have the time to persue the things that in turn would make you happy. Since most of us work 40+ hrs a week we tend to take those hours for granted. Imagine what you could do with all that extra time...

Jim Young: They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fucking smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.

Jim Young: Anybody who tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fucking have any.

are you happy with your life at this point?

Material Possesions, Career, Love life, friends can be some of the factors.

have you made better progress from a year or two back?

hell no, somebody please shoot me

but then again, when I travel for work and tell people about my crazy lifestyle, they envy me and treat me like the rock star that I pretend to be

but its lonely up here :(