Clubplanet Nightlife Community

March of the Penguins

drdoom

oops..

i thought this thread was about your Saturday night routine and trip to Crobar with friends.

:rofl: No, this Saturday we took it easy. I met w/ other Molloy graduates for drinks at Cosi and then we later went to Cavo and 718.

• 4 weeks later...

so, i was more or less molested into seeing this one with a friend of mine in a big open air cinema some days ago

i downloaded the english version before, watched a few minutes and thought it wouldn´t be that bad, with a couple of beers it should be watchable...

boy was i in for a suprise... the germans fucked it up again big time. first of all, it was no documentary style at all. they actually had the penguins talking with each other. one male voice and one female. and they said such corny shit i barely could bear it.

when they get together again:

(corny music playing)

male: i found you

female: i found you

male: our child lived... do you remember our dance?

female: i remember our dance

and it went on and on and on like this... they completely took ALL OF INFORMATION about the pengiuns out of the movie and replaced it with extremely corny dialogue. like in the beginning, i thought it was interesting and fascinating that the place where they meet to breed, every single one of them was born at that exact place, and they come back to breed in that exact same space. they completely took that out and replaced it with: "finally, we meet, this is where our love dance starts"

i was short of having epilipectic seizures

so, i was more or less molested into seeing this one with a friend of mine in a big open air cinema some days ago

i downloaded the english version before, watched a few minutes and thought it wouldn´t be that bad, with a couple of beers it should be watchable...

boy was i in for a suprise... the germans fucked it up again big time. first of all, it was no documentary style at all. they actually had the penguins talking with each other. one male voice and one female. and they said such corny shit i barely could bear it.

when they get together again:

(corny music playing)

male: i found you

female: i found you

male: our child lived... do you remember our dance?

female: i remember our dance

and it went on and on and on like this... they completely took ALL OF INFORMATION about the pengiuns out of the movie and replaced it with extremely corny dialogue. like in the beginning, i thought it was interesting and fascinating that the place where they meet to breed, every single one of them was born at that exact place, and they come back to breed in that exact same space. they completely took that out and replaced it with: "finally, we meet, this is where our love dance starts"

i was short of having epilipectic seizures

great review, I really wanted to see this but the dumb prick who I went with much rather see a sexist , offensive film called Wedding Crashers...he said I would 'laugh' at the penguin movie ...imagine, someone who rather me be miserable