Clubplanet Nightlife Community

...deathwish...

phatman

...do you ever feel that knowing when you were going to die might actually help your quality of life? for example, some terminally ill people find themselves quiting their jobs and doing all types of things that they may not have done had they not found out they were running out of time...not everyone lives each day to the fullest - i think it is quite hard to do, but in the least, i think one has to try...i find a lot of people are on one side of the spectrum or the other, but few fall in between....where do you think you fit in?....

I know I don't live each of my days to its fullest potential. Far from it, in fact. I don't think that knowing that I had a terminal illness would kick my ass into high-gear so I could start doing stuff. More likely, I'd probably become a recluse, too scared to do anything because I'd worry about not having time to finish it, and then count the days wondering which one would be my last.

I hope I find a motivating force, other than death, to get me to start living up to my potential.

• 1 month later...
...do you ever feel that knowing when you were going to die might actually help your quality of life? for example, some terminally ill people find themselves quiting their jobs and doing all types of things that they may not have done had they not found out they were running out of time...not everyone lives each day to the fullest - i think it is quite hard to do, but in the least, i think one has to try...i find a lot of people are on one side of the spectrum or the other, but few fall in between....where do you think you fit in?....

will you shut the hell up already

i def dont live each day to fullest, not even close. i think if i had an idea of when i woudl die, alot of shit would change. of course, the job would first have to go. the one i have now i have out of necessity and a good chance of a lucrative career in the future....nothing i actually enjoy though. if i continue to work it would be something more outdoors and more enjoyable. i guess the way it is now, i feel like that there will be time for all other shit later...but i just end up procrastinating

i don´t quite get how the titel "deathwish" fits your post, but anyway...

if i knew when i would die, and it would be anytime soon, i´d probably be out now, buy a 100 pack condoms, poke small holes in em, and spend the rest of my time talking girls into sleeping with me and impregnating them, leaving back a whole army of small me´s (something the world desperately needs IMO)

...yea ....what the hell...deathwish.....deathwish would be not knowing you were gonna die but doing crazy things anyway basically not caring if u do.......like say .......base jumping....crazy drugs .......that guy has a deathwish!......see......

actually i look at it in another way i have a list of things i'd like to do and i'd like to spread it throughout my lifetime. so im not in a rush to do everything now, but that doesnt mean im not taking advantage of everyday day...

...yea ....what the hell...deathwish.....deathwish would be not knowing you were gonna die but doing crazy things anyway basically not caring if u do.......like say .......base jumping....crazy drugs .......that guy has a deathwish!......see......

...if knowing the time of your death might effect your life in a positive way, you might actually wish for it...ergo a deathwish...but this was over a month ago...caleb went digging because he took my comment on his thread personally...as for me, i know i dont live each day to the fullest but i do take a goal approach...i make lists almost weekly regarding trips, books, movies, etc....it's a key step to visualization and i find it works for me...

...now would you care to answer the question or nitpick all day???....

...me ...i'm a nitpicker...and also not a post date reader......as u can see.......and no ...i wouldn't wanna know when i was gonna die...cause well ....i would think human nature would be to avoid that moment at any and all costs...therefore i would be worried it would basically overtake my life .......

If i knew i was gonna die id try to do something productive to be remembered as a hero . Id probably sneak into cuba and find a way to assasinate castro . Im not Cuban . But imo i believe id be doing the whole world a favor . And maybe the rafters will have no more reasons to come over . But yeah id definately do something that would help the world and that noone else has the balls to do :D