Clubplanet Nightlife Community

RedSox want Fenway historical Landmark status

bxbomb

wow i am sure those stupid guys that made enough money to buy a baseball team just found out about this. :doh:

And that 86 year joke is just stupid seeing how we beat you last year are the world champs and 3 games up on you and your 215 million dollar team.

wow i am sure those stupid guys that made enough money to buy a baseball team just found out about this. :doh:

And that 86 year joke is just stupid seeing how we beat you last year are the world champs and 3 games up on you and your 215 million dollar team.

then why didnt these geniuses apply for the status when they began the overhaul ..such as the seating over the monster etc.

How do you know that it would not be retroactive to when they started the renovations? Or maybe they did not think they would get it before and now they do. How the fuck should I know, but they are smarter then probably everyone that posts here. They have people that work for them that are smarter then most people here, so I am sure they have looked into such things.

Who knows but if it can free up some money to get some god damn relief pitching I am all for it. :)

How do you know that it would not be retroactive to when they started the renovations? Or maybe they did not think they would get it before and now they do. How the fuck should I know, but they are smarter then probably everyone that posts here. They have people that work for them that are smarter then most people here, so I am sure they have looked into such things.

Who knows but if it can free up some money to get some god damn relief pitching I am all for it. :)

only because we would have heard about it 2 yrs ago :itsok::worry:

so that would mean that no matter how shitty the place might become, say, 90 years from now ('cos i mean, you can only renovate so much before any place turns into a dump) they would not be able to leave fenway park and move to a new stadium?

only because we would have heard about it 2 yrs ago :itsok::worry:

??

what in gods name are you talking about.

Heard about what 2 years ago?

Maybe now, because of some reasons we do not know about, they think they can get the tax breaks. Maybe 2 years ago they were looking into building a new stadium so applying for this would make no sense.

What makes it tricky is once it becomes a landmark I am pretty sure thats it you can not tear it down. If they ever do build a new park they would not be able to make a parking lot out of it.

so that would mean that no matter how shitty the place might become, say, 90 years from now ('cos i mean, you can only renovate so much before any place turns into a dump) they would not be able to leave fenway park and move to a new stadium?

yeah I guess i should of read your post before I wrote mine.

??

what in gods name are you talking about.

Heard about what 2 years ago?

Maybe now, because of some reasons we do not know about, they think they can get the tax breaks. Maybe 2 years ago they were looking into building a new stadium so applying for this would make no sense.

What makes it tricky is once it becomes a landmark I am pretty sure thats it you can not tear it down. If they ever do build a new park they would not be able to make a parking lot out of it.

We would have heard 2 years ago that they were going to apply for landmark status , you know when they realized they were going to stay and reconstruct , as evidenced by the additional seating over the green monster

We would have heard 2 years ago that they were going to apply for landmark status , you know when they realized they were going to stay and reconstruct , as evidenced by the additional seating over the green monster

Just because they put seats over the green monster does not mean they were not looking into building a new stadium. Also if fenway was alandmark place they might not of been able to put seat on top of the green monster. Who the fuck knows. All I know is that they are smarter then you.

Just because they put seats over the green monster does not mean they were not looking into building a new stadium. Also if fenway was alandmark place they might not of been able to put seat on top of the green monster. Who the fuck knows. All I know is that they are smarter then you.

whateva

Iguess the new drainage sytem on the field , the new clubhouse that went from 6'000 to 14,000 sq ft , widening the concourse behind section 16 from 5' to 40', the new elevators in the pressbox meant nothing either

whateva

Iguess the new drainage sytem on the field , the new clubhouse that went from 6'000 to 14,000 sq ft , widening the concourse behind section 16 from 5' to 40', the new elevators in the pressbox meant nothing either

they did all that 2 years ago? I am pretty sure this was all done this off season. Maybe if they were landmarked 2 years ago it would of been harder to do the renovations they have done, so they finished the renovations that might of been a problem and now will use the tax breaks on the rest of it.

They are smart, wicked smart.

who cares about this shit anyway

yanks only 2.5 back with kc in town now that is what we should be talking about. How about j-wright throwing well, or that chacon kid, or schill going back to the rotation, or anything else.