Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dwight Gooden

so let me ask...do you guys think that this guy deserves another chance? I mean I hear all these people talking about, "fuck him...he has all this money, is driving a nice car, was a huge baseball star, etc... yet he fucks up again".

I for one feel bad for him and thinks that he needs help. To me alcoholism or being a drug addict is a disease and for someone to finally realize they need help they need to reach rock bottom and hopefully this is his bottom.

I don't understand how people bring money into the conversation. Money doesn't bring happiness. He is still a human being and people have problems. And he is still young at 41 years old. So he still has plenty of time to change his life around. Look at Lawrence Taylor....shit did anyone ever think he would turn out ok? And what is he....sober for 6 years or some shit?

Oh and don't get me wrong, I am not condoning his recent actions or his past actions. He deserves to be punished for what he has done. I just hope he finds the help where he can be happy with himself.

Fuck him. If I got caught, how many second chances would I get. How many second chances would you get? None. Why does he deserve any?

this is what i'm talking about? why all the anger and hatred? I'm not saying let the man walk free. He should do his jail time or whatever. I mean in life in general. Obviously the man has a problem and needs help. So just because he was a famous baseball player, he should be made out to be this horrible person because he made some mistakes?

this is what i'm talking about? why all the anger and hatred? I'm not saying let the man walk free. He should do his jail time or whatever. I mean in life in general. Obviously the man has a problem and needs help. So just because he was a famous baseball player, he should be made out to be this horrible person because he made some mistakes?

I don't have any anger towards him. I just don't feel that he should be given preferential treatment because at one time he was famous.

drug addict is a drug addict, dont see why being famous makes a difference.

hey jim, if it was like your brother or cousin or a close friend... would you just say "fuck him" to them?

No I wouldn't because obviously I would care more about them. But you know what, they wouldn't be given a second chance. They would be locked up.

No I wouldn't because obviously I would care more about them. But you know what, they wouldn't be given a second chance. They would be locked up.

Ok.. so IF you had the $$$ or the clout to save a drug addict family member or friend from being sent to jail would you do it?

easier said than done to just let one of your family members "rot for a few days in jail"

Jim, i'm sorry to hear about your mother. That's horrible.

Just wanted to clarify why I said fuck him.

I mean, how many times can one person get caught and you keep saying, oh, they just have "demons". It's not their fault, they have a "problem". You know what, a lot of other people would have had problems had he crashed into something/someone and killed people.

Honestly, probably yes. But I don't know for sure. You can never know for sure what you'll do until your put into that situation.

Well if you would then its the same thing as him getting all these 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances.

My uncle Georgie was killed walking across the street one morning by a drunk driver. The driver also ran into another person at a bus stop up the street too. Cops never caught the guy.

easier said than done to just let one of your family members "rot for a few days in jail"

Done

Did it three years ago to my brother-in-law and my cousin when they got busted for DWI in Suffolk County...sick of them screwing up...brother-in-law has been sober now for two...cousin...well I don't speak to him anymore.

Done

Did it three years ago to my brother-in-law and my cousin when they got busted for DWI in Suffolk County...sick of them screwing up...brother-in-law has been sober now for two...cousin...well I don't speak to him anymore.

more power to you...i wish me and my family took a stand like that when my brother had shit going on in his life

thank god he is fine now but i still always think i could have done more at the time but never did