Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Weird (Firefox)

HAZE

Guest onisakura
:(

can you right click the picture and then choose view image and check the source of the image. then maybe you can tell what the fuck is causing that halfwit to appear

Halfwit? Youre giving her too much credit there Mike.

Guest onisakura
Yes and No .. its new, there for its somewhat crappy .. but its functionality has alot of promise..

I happen to like it A LOT. So much more stable than IE and way more secure. Kinda surprising considering how long IE has been around.....

firefox is crap

yea... sure it is. Go right on thinking that in your own little world.

HAZE, if you havent fixed the problem yet... Simply right click on the picture of jessica simpson and click "View Image" then click the refresh button. Finally hit the back button and the issue should be resolved.

This problem is cause by cached images that become cross linked. To stop this from happening in the future empty your browser cache more often.

HAZE, if you havent fixed the problem yet... Simply right click on the picture of jessica simpson and click "View Image" then click the refresh button. Finally hit the back button and the issue should be resolved.

This problem is cause by cached images that become cross linked. To stop this from happening in the future empty your browser cache more often.

Sounds like you already had this problem already..

Good shit man, I'll try when I get home.

And Firefox is not crap, it's great. There are some instances that I prefer using IE, such as installing programs, but for daily web browsing, Firefox is da bomb.

Guest onisakura
Good shit man, I'll try when I get home.

And Firefox is not crap, it's great. There are some instances that I prefer using IE, such as installing programs, but for daily web browsing, Firefox is da bomb.

I actually MUCH prefer FF for downloading better than IE. How do you think IE is better for installing stuff?

I actually MUCH prefer FF for downloading better than IE. How do you think IE is better for installing stuff?

Because IE lets you open it from the current location. Firefox makes you download it to your desktop first.

Is there a way around this?

Guest onisakura
Because IE lets you open it from the current location. Firefox makes you download it to your desktop first.

Hmm....I never really noticed because i always download new programs to a folder just for that so i can go back and reinstall if there is a problem.

You can turn off downloading to the desktop in FF So you can choose where you want to save the file... Follow these steps:

1. Click Tools -> Options

2. Then click the "Downloads" button.

3. Then near the top on the right side you will see "Ask me where to save every file" check that and click "OK".

Thats all there is to it.

You can turn off downloading to the desktop in FF So you can choose where you want to save the file... Follow these steps:

1. Click Tools -> Options

2. Then click the "Downloads" button.

3. Then near the top on the right side you will see "Ask me where to save every file" check that and click "OK".

Thats all there is to it.

Yea, I know that, but you can't open it from the current location like IE.

Well... you can actually. When you click "Open" in FF it downloads the file to your temp directory.

IE does EXACTLY the same thing... You just dont see the file downloading to Temp because IE doesnt have a Download manager.

Its exactly the same betweern the 2. Except you see FF doing the work. IE just hides the work.

i don't know why people get all excited about firefox. it doesn't offer anything revolutionary. i've used it for a bit just to see what all the fuss was about, didn't really have any features that would make me wanna switch.

i've been using crazybrowser.com, it runs off of the IE engine but has extra features.

i don't know why people get all excited about firefox. it doesn't offer anything revolutionary. i've used it for a bit just to see what all the fuss was about, didn't really have any features that would make me wanna switch.

i've been using crazybrowser.com, it runs off of the IE engine but has extra features.

1st off the point is to not use IE. As it is heavyily integrated into the OS and security issue in IE becomes a security issue in Windows.

2ndly Firefox has 1,000s of skins and plugins to add additional functionality FAR beyond that of IE. Infact IE7 (set to release with Windows Vista in the end of 2006) has "barrowed" may of its new features from Firefox.

3rdly Firefox is what we call "Standards complient" It forms to work with ALL standardized web programming languages. Where as IE is NOT standards complient, which is why some sites only work in IE. (Sites that arent Standards Complient)

I can keep going if you really want me to.