Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my opinion - not to cause drama just want to know how you feel?

Hello all i am new to this board - with a few questions to you all. Why do all these promoters in NYC think by using the same 7 djs just in a different club make a party. How many times can you hear the same old dj over and over. is it me or not but i belive there are so many other djs out there that are much beter then the ones in this circuit. Why would anyone want to go to a new party or new club when all thats going to be there is the same dj, music and a zombie nation crowd(every one looking, dressed and dancing the same). What happend to the good old underground party. A not so commercial club with good music not hearing what you herd thurs @ aria or cheeta, roxy on fri then at exit on sat.

what is wrong with this picture why whould any one want to go out. This is just my opionon not to cause drama?

[This message has been edited by underground4me (edited 12-12-2000).]

Originally posted by underground4me:

Hell all i am new to this board - with a few questions to you all. Why do all these promoters in NYC think by using the same 7 djs just in a different club make a party. How many times can you hear the same old dj over and over. is it me or not but i belive there are so many other djs out there that are much beter then the ones in this circuit. Why would anyone want to go to a new party or new club when all thats going to be there is the same dj, music and a zombie nation crowd(every one looking, dressed and dancing the same). What happend to the good old underground party. A not so commercial club with good music not hearing what you herd thurs @ aria or cheeta, roxy on fri then at exit on sat.

what is wrong with this picture why whould any one want to go out. This is just my opionon not to cause drama?

If you think that those are the ONLY places to go...then you truly have no grasp whatsoever as to what is available in terms of clubs in NYC...and you are better suited staying home. Have you been to Twilo, Vinyl, Centro Fly, Filter 14...many others that are from from what you are sterotyping. Places are popping up all over the place that are different from the mainstream type scenes that attract certain people and musical preferences? Obviously not or you wouldn't even be speaking right now.

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

Hmmm.. Good question.. Personally, if I like "a" dj, I can go hear them a 10000 times and only love them more. Every night is different even if the same dj is spinning. As far as the crowd, yeah I see what you're saying.. Everyone dressing and dancing the same. But ppl usually go with their friends. I see the same faces every weekend when I go out and it doens't bother me. I get excited when I see a familiar face at another club or on another night! Of course variety is good but if you LOVE a specific club, why not go there a few more times?????

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Hmmm.. Good question.. Personally, if I like "a" dj, I can go hear them a 10000 times and only love them more. Every night is different even if the same dj is spinning. As far as the crowd, yeah I see what you're saying.. Everyone dressing and dancing the same. But ppl usually go with their friends. I see the same faces every weekend when I go out and it doens't bother me. I get excited when I see a familiar face at another club or on another night! Of course variety is good but if you LOVE a specific club, why not go there a few more times?????

you're not talking about SF by any chance are you... wink.gif...are you going this weekend...i should be there AH

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

Hell all i am new to this board - with a few questions to you all. Why do all these promoters in NYC think by using the same 7 djs just in a different club make a party. How many times can you hear the same old dj over and over. is it me or not but i belive there are so many other djs out there that are much beter then the ones in this circuit. Why would anyone want to go to a new party or new club when all thats going to be there is the same dj, music and a zombie nation crowd(every one looking, dressed and dancing the same). What happend to the good old underground party. A not so commercial club with good music not hearing what you herd thurs @ aria or cheeta, roxy on fri then at exit on sat.

all i have to say is, for every type of music, theres a type of person who likes it.. not to steriotype either.. But your prob a raver.. Of course a ravers not gonna like a place thats got dress codes etc... but like i said.. for every type of music theres a type of person who likes it.. If we were all the same.. the world would be verrrryyyyy boring... cwm7.gif

------------------

~LiPz~

biglicks.gif

gravity,

I think you missed the point. And I happen to agree with the undergorund boy.

No one is insisting that what these promoters are billing, is the only game in town. It's just a pathetic one. Yet, for some reason they think they are doing something great... but it just sucks.

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

I swear this girl and I share a brain.

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Do what thou wilt.

Aleister Crowley

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams- Willy Wonka

AIM: crackorn71

no im not a raver - i just enjoy all types of house music. and no im not stereo typing its just everytime i go to a new club or party its the same old situation. i agree if u like a dj its gr8 to follow and show your support but all those mainstreem parties have no originality. They use the same themes, music and djs. And "Gravity" your a 100% right about the other parties - i just hate seeing the bigger rooms and clubs getting spoiled by the "mainstreem" Wouldnt it be gr8 to have aparty @ a room like exit with a world famous DJ.

no im not a raver - i just enjoy all types of music. and no im not stereo typing its just everytime i go to a new club or party its the same old situation. i agree if u like a dj its gr8 to follow and show your support but all those mainstreem parties have no originality. They use the same themes, music and djs. And "Gravity" your a 100% right about the other parties - just hate seeing the bigger rooms and clubs getting spoiled by the "mainstreem" Wouldnt it be gr8 to have aparty @ a room like exit with a world famous DJ.

I agree totally.. But look at it from the club owners point of view.. Why spend all that extra cash on a world famous dj, when he can get his main stream dj pay them less and still pack the room???

------------------

~LiPz~

biglicks.gif

ok how about this -about 10 years ago when the club scene was boomin. you had the palladium, limelight, tunnel, club usa, china club and more. Yea these were main streem spots and the crowd was pretty much the same at all the spots but each club had its own nights and the crowds were in bigger #s and bounced around. On fridiys you might of hit the limelight to here hexhector and anthony acid but on sat you were at the palladium listening to casanova. now a days club kids are going to diffrent rooms but to see the same djs.come on guys how many times can you go to a sex or a pajama party just at a different club? I feel a real party dont need a theme and most of all not the same music or songs every nite!

yes i think u r right, and also how about then u dont go out anywhere cause u have no clue wat ur talking about...might as well stay home and play wit ur dog muffin, and not show ur face at any club cause i might just be there to give u a nice welcoming gift, a bat right to the face....like always. I'M OUT!!!! cwm33.gif

no im not a raver - i just enjoy all types of house music. and no im not stereo typing its just everytime i go to a new club or party its the same old situation. i agree if u like a dj its gr8 to follow and show your support but all those mainstreem parties have no originality. They use the same themes, music and djs. And "Gravity" your a 100% right about the other parties - i just hate seeing the bigger rooms and clubs getting spoiled by the "mainstreem" Wouldnt it be gr8 to have aparty @ a room like exit with a world famous DJ.

we can only imagine how great that would be

and w/ exit struggling as of late(heresay) someone needs to point marivisi in the 'international' direction

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

it figures - there always has to be 1 bad apple to spoil the whole bunch. Sorry if i caused someone harm by asking a question. theres no need to get ruthless. Now i know why people say never to post on this site but to just read it. For those who shared there thoughts THANKS and the one who had nothing nice to say oh well!

Ummm...thats why Twilo gets different DJs every week...the most frequent is a monthly rotation...and a rotation of DJs of such calibre that each month they're introducing new stuff. Hehe...thats why Twilo doesn't have a "theme" night - they don't need one!

Same goes for Centro-Fly.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

ok how about this -about 10 years ago when the club scene was boomin. you had the palladium, limelight, tunnel, club usa, china club and more. Yea these were main streem spots and the crowd was pretty much the same at all the spots but each club had its own nights and the crowds were in bigger #s and bounced around. On fridiys you might of hit the limelight to here hexhector and anthony acid but on sat you were at the palladium listening to casanova. now a days club kids are going to diffrent rooms but to see the same djs.come on guys how many times can you go to a sex or a pajama party just at a different club? I feel a real party dont need a theme and most of all not the same music or songs every nite!

Hey....I don't really think things are that different nowadays referring to what you say above......I agree with most of what you say in your post but I think the clubs in the city have their nights and their crowds just like the old days......of course, just different clubs and different DJs........let's look at Twilo Fridays for example.....this night is legendary almost every week with the best DJs on the planet......and a great vibe too......plus the DJs that do play there each month(residents) never replicate a set so it's not like going to Exit and hearing Zombie Nation week after week.......Vinyl is another great Friday night spot with Danny each week.......I don't see how you could sleep on these DJs as they are among the best in the world and that tells you they're not flipping the same set each time around......in the old skool days, I can't fathom the thought of Anthony Acid being a top DJ in the world?....in fact, he would get burned by some of the DJs that reside in the NY scene now.....why do you think he plays Jersey clubs so much......I think the club scene 10 yrs ago had its vibe and now its a new generation of music, DJs, and clubbers.......I don't really see how you can sleep on NY club scene these days with the presence of such legendary DJs week after week not to mention all the other great DJs that play at the smaller venues........e.g. Erick Morillo, Jason Ojeda, now DJ Heaven at Limelight......these DJs are amazing!.....and there are tons more........I think the club scene is banging now just as it was 10yrs ago........I think it's just that some went through their best club days at different times.......the people change, not the scene necessarily.......thanks

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Hey Underground.

don't worry about posting here. noones flaming you. I think this is healthy debate.

I think we all just need to be prepared to defend our positions,and that's what i see happen on this site. Plus, people are quicker to jump in print.

In person, we'd still have a good discussion, just maybe not so fiery. Remember, just 'cause someone may disagree, doesn't mean your opinion isn't worth sharing. (Unless, someone's trolling, of course.)

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

alright heres the deal, i know what you are saying and im not a promoter or anyting of that sort so the only answer i have for you is go to the tunnel, they have the most diverse music in the city, they have intense hard house with vicious, chicago hard house with frank alvee in one roomand yentke beats and company in another, they have acid house and they have the commercial joints in the room next to that runs off into the bathroom, so i dont think you can go wrong there,

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

Twilo on Friday nights is the best example of what can happen when musical talent is brought to the states without any promoters. Twilo Fridays have no promoters, Micahel bindra along with a small click of industry people are responsible for the success of Twilo's Friday. However; there was apoint 5-6 years ago when they were struggling! People just didn't get it. Now, look, the internet exploded, there are forums where we can share our opinions about everything from soup to nuts, people are more educated about the world we live in and music in general. Who needs promoters to tell you what you should be wearing, listening to, or going! make these choices based upon being true to your own identity! Don't blame the Boris', the denny tsettos', the jason ojedas' and all the other working dj's for persuing there goals, they worked or are working just as hard to stay where they are as any body else. Don't player hate, accept it for what it is and make your choices of partying based on your preferences! Be true to yourself!

Originally posted by SPHERIC:

Twilo on Friday nights is the best example of what can happen when musical talent is brought to the states without any promoters. Twilo Fridays have no promoters, Micahel bindra along with a small click of industry people are responsible for the success of Twilo's Friday. However; there was apoint 5-6 years ago when they were struggling! People just didn't get it. Now, look, the internet exploded, there are forums where we can share our opinions about everything from soup to nuts, people are more educated about the world we live in and music in general. Who needs promoters to tell you what you should be wearing, listening to, or going! make these choices based upon being true to your own identity! Don't blame the Boris', the denny tsettos', the jason ojedas' and all the other working dj's for persuing there goals, they worked or are working just as hard to stay where they are as any body else. Don't player hate, accept it for what it is and make your choices of partying based on your preferences! Be true to yourself!

well said

smile.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif