Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just 2% among blacks support George in time of war

destruction

Two Percent

At a press conference on October 4, President Bush argued that he was the right person to bridge the racial divide in America:

You address the racial divide in a variety of ways. And, obviously, the tone matters from leadership.
It matters what leaders say. It matters that somebody, first of all, understands there’s a problem and is willing to talk about it. And I will continue to do so as the President.

Apparently, it isn’t working so well. A new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll finds that just 2 percent of African-Americans approve of his leadership. NBC’s Tim Russert — who called the number “a dramatic setback” — looked into it, and he could not “find a pollster who can remember any President ever getting just 2 percent approval from African-Americans.”

Watch in QuickTime Streaming.

To be fair, the margin of error on the poll is 3.4%. So Bush’s actual approval among African Americans could be anywhere from -1.4% to 5.4%.

Transcript below:

RUSSERT: And Matt, the most astounding number in this: 2 percent – just 2 percent - of African-Americans give George Bush a positive rating for his performance as President. The memories of Katrina very much in their minds.

LAUER: Is that what this is all about? I mean, obviously that is just a startling number, 2 percent of African-Americans. Is this all about the aftermath of Katrina?

RUSSERT: Well, the imagery of that along with the economy and fuel prices and Iraq, but that event, Matt, really did have a searing effect. George Bush and the Republican Party has tried very hard to reach out to African-American voters, but this is a very dramatic setback. I cannot find a pollster who can remember any President ever getting just 2 percent approval from African-Americans.

cartoon_cartoonpage_large.gif

I guess I'm part of the 2% then

LOL

sweet!

YO,,,SPRAGGA BENZ!!!!

Big Up soldier!!!

don't worry 'bout "scooter" (aka destruction)......

Hey Destructon:

Scatta!

Move yo' bombaclath!

Pussyclath!

Rassclath

Battyboy!

chichimon!

Undahcover battyman!

JAH!!!! Respect!!!