Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Frankie Bones Newsest CD "Act Like You Know" is out

doh-sile

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a hipster or elitist scene. Thats much more for the lastnightsparty.com and Miss Shapes squad, now THATS hipster and elitist.

There are two or three minimal weeklies held in small venues that get about 50 to 100 people, sometimes more. Yes Richie plays the big clubs once in a while, but other than that there are no "big" minimal shows. Tejada will be doing a big show at some factory this weekend, but most of these parties are word of mouth and not heavily promoted.

I wouldnt call the people hipsters at all, but people like spinoza, the robots, derek plaslaiko and wolf and lamb are really keeping a nice little scene alive here in nyc. i mean its nothing compared to cologne or berlin, but its still fun. And i wouldnt consider lee a minimal dj at all (maybe a dj who plays some minimal)

On the other hand, you can go and find progressive house at multiple venues every single night of the week in nyc, and you can find a big time prog dj at a big club every weekend here.