Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PACHA NYC (Morillos new club)A Nightmare!

deephousemann

Have any of you checked out the NY or NJ boards in reference to Erik Morillos new club Pacha (the old sound factory) in the city???

I spoke to serveral friends back home and they said last nights opening night was a complete disaster!

The club was raided by like 2am and shut down.

Grand opening, Grand closing!

Have any of you checked out the NY or NJ boards in reference to Erik Morillos new club Pacha (the old sound factory) in the city???

I spoke to serveral friends back home and they said last nights opening night was a complete disaster!

Shortest lived club in the history of nightlife? That's fucking hilarious!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

the politics of clubbing in nyc continue… that location is going to be a target of nypd, regardless of who owns and manages it... peoples inability to keep themselves in check, coupled with a political climate that is so anti club it's sickening. it’s a fucking shame!

the politics of clubbing in nyc continue… that location is going to be a target of nypd, regardless of who owns and manages it... peoples inability to keep themselves in check, coupled with a political climate that is so anti club it's sickening. it’s a fucking shame!

I seriously couldnt agree with you more.

well it was open last night.

the reason it was so called 'raided' if thats what u you'd like to call it was because there were too many people inside. way past capacity, so the cops shut it down.

big whoop... dont u guys have a fire marshal going around and closing venues that are over capacity as well? same shit, who cares?

anyways, nothing special about this club. it looks like they really didn't do much with the exception of the sound system.

no one will ever do that place again like Richard Grant and his staff...

I never respected any club that trys to cash in off another clubs name when they have no or almost no affiliation with them (cough, cough, space included..)

I couldn't agree more... but I thought he was affiliated to some extent... at least officially licensing the name etc.????:confused:

thanks for the link, and what i was trying to say with "almost no" affiliation was to include the people who just wrote a check to use an established name. (which is MUCH better than just realizing it isn't registered here in the states and registering it. aka Space, and the whole amnessia fiasco)

This seems to be a bit gray area for me, but I still wish them best of luck, if it is 1/10 as good as the real/orig pacha, it would be one of the best spots in the states, and it is a shame that the only consistant weekend option in NYC for anyone not a "clubkid" is crobar at the moment.

Thanks for the link...

I can't believe i missed that article in normal circulation.

Props to Lord for the install.. He's been bustin' ass here in Miami and on the west coast but N.Y. would NOT let him in because he was Based here in MIA.

SO congrats to Infinite and I wich Pacha the best of luck.

N.Y. is the LAST place I personally would want to open / run a club.

thier laws and politics are the ABSOLOUTE worse when it come to dance music.

IMO

G.O. (GrandOpening) is always a FIASCO no matter how big / small the club is i actually hate going to them... and tend to wait until the dust settles before I visit a club, which is a true test / example of what the club is capable of and can offer (I never go to then, except for when Noct & Shine opened)

thanks for the link, and what i was trying to say with "almost no" affiliation was to include the people who just wrote a check to use an established name. (which is MUCH better than just realizing it isn't registered here in the states and registering it. aka Space, and the whole amnessia fiasco)

This seems to be a bit gray area for me, but I still wish them best of luck, if it is 1/10 as good as the real/orig pacha, it would be one of the best spots in the states, and it is a shame that the only consistant weekend option in NYC for anyone not a "clubkid" is crobar at the moment.

Can't knock someone for finding a loophole. A lot of people in other industry's, e.g. construction, exploit loopholes in laws and make a killing on it.

That's some serious line-up! Josh Wink and the Doc with Frankie Feliciano and Mateo & Matos... Whuuuuuuuut? :D

I knew U would be jackin'----- off ............... to this lineup

esp. for M&M who never come down here...

I'm gonna have to beg him to play for cheap so we can book it, or piggy back when they're on the east coast