Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tony Humphries and Quentin Harris @CIELO dec 18th

The legendary Tony Humphries playing with the future of house music (imo) Quentin Harris. Def gonna be a great night of music and dancing. See you fools there.

ff5posting.jpg

CIELO

18 Little West 12th St.

www.cieloclub.com

9pm to 3am

$10 w/flyer

The FRESH FRUIT crew celebrates the holidays with a special holiday edition of FRESH FRUIT! Joining QUENTIN HARRIS on the decks will be TONY HUMPHRIES, the NJ house legend that helmed the decks at the legendary Zanzibar and later became one of the first american DJ's to reach international stardom.

I've heard TH twice out in NY. I heard him years ago at Twilo. His set there was awesome! I later heard him at Centro-Fly and his set there was just dull and bland. I've also heard a couple of his CD's and they're way too vocally and have that gospel sound way too much. Very similar in style to Danny Krivit.

Havent heard tony since his bday party at discotheque. Dont know if i can compare danny krivit to tony humphires, i know what you mean though, ive heard danny k like 30 something or more times, while tony maybe only like 15 or so. I get what your saying but i dunno if its similar exactly. Anyhow should be a fun night cause quentin is amazing.

Well what I mean is that the songs they choose have that moral message to them. For example, one of the songs off of Tony's CD mentions something about "girls putting thier clothes back on, and having some respect for their bodies" to paraphrase and, a track from Krivit's CD has a song referring to Jesus.

I guess it's kind of strange for me to hear because I sometimes associate House music being a little evil in some ways. That's just me though. I'm sure many would disagree and say it's an enlightening experience and all that jazz.

this is just a promo....

why the fuck are this guys promo posts never moved?

wtf

do you honestly think he works for cielo dude? your dumber than i thought

another reason why u should get to know him. whats wrong with mentioning parties when u like the music? thats all he does. why doesnt anyone move your shit when u mention the techno parties in BK? same concept champ. i like the music, why not mention it, others might like it to. nothing wrong w/ that....

Well what I mean is that the songs they choose have that moral message to them. For example, one of the songs off of Tony's CD mentions something about "girls putting thier clothes back on, and having some respect for their bodies" to paraphrase and, a track from Krivit's CD has a song referring to Jesus.

I guess it's kind of strange for me to hear because I sometimes associate House music being a little evil in some ways. That's just me though. I'm sure many would disagree and say it's an enlightening experience and all that jazz.

Were you talking about the united djs of american cd? Not one of his best, look for his fabric #4 cd, als heres a clip of him playing in italy exactlya yr ago.: http://www.housemusicforum.com/video/Sicily_Tony.mpg