Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review: Globe Bass @ Limelight

I arrived at Limelight alittle to early (10:20). A group of under 18ers sat out side of the Limelight because they had been turned away for not having id or a fake id. After waiting in the shortest clubline of my life I came to the will-call girl. She asked my name I replied St. George, she looked all down her list and told me I wasn't on the list. After 5 or 10 mins of searching she found my ticket hiding under George, fucking a.

After getting in went to check out the main floor, a small amount of people where dancing to Starchild; as he spinning a slow d'n'b rhythm to start the evening. I then took a peck into the 2-Step room, that was barren had no souls on the dance floor and a few floating by the bar. Unsure of the DJ's name I didn't say to long, being more of a tech-step fan anyways. I then trekked up to the HR Giger room to see DJ Saski & Ranka alone as well. After taking a quick tour of what was going on where I returned to the main floor and grabbed a drink.

DJ Starchild started of lighter I didn't notice any MC cutting into his hard beats. Sheila (sneakybeaky) wasn't in the mood to dance or didn't feel the music. After a drink, I wanted to dance so badly. I always hate going to a club without a good partner in crime. I told her I was going to the dance floor. The beats the emanated from the turntables made my feet do flips. Starchild spun till 11 something or so. I wish I had arrived even earlier to listen to the dope beat even more.

Next up came Pish-Posh and his MC JO-S. Now I didn't like Pish-Posh beat at first maybe due to his loud MC JO-S, who was yelling over the everything ever 5 mins. I don't mind a good MC, but a bad one can throw the shit for a loop. JO-S would be plugging Rawkuts new record ever time Pish-Posh would swap out records. But after a bit he seam to quit down, letting me feel the music. Pish-Posh's beat was different from most of the d’n’b I listened to it tend to drop off now and then. And the beats where hard it didn't have a softer sound to accompany the hard ones. But it was fast, and was really fun to dance to. At the end of his session Rawkuts gave out vinyl of their new record to some d’n’b DJ, I was on the forefront trying to get some. But sadly I didn't.

The crowed was getting large by this time Diesel boy was about to spin. Alot of preppy asshole came in, but what isn't a scene with would garbage? Diesel Boy comes out and the crowd gave out a low cheer. He started out slower and then speed up. I had to run to the bathroom. When I returned another MC was on stage. I never got his name, maybe MC GQ. He was loud at time, but seamed too quick down after a bust of "Let's hear it for DIESEL BOY” Diesel boy session was what I hoped for, but it was just fuel for the fire. I didn't dance much during his time, but watched people try to blow up and others break dance.

After Diesel Boy got down @ 1:10, another DJ arrived on stage. I became alittle quizzy from all the liquor, dancing and water so I never tried to find out who he was. But he had the freshish beat, causing me to dance for another 30 mins. Sheila looked as if she was going to passout and the dizzy quizzy feeling was still with me. So I asked her if she wanted to leave and she nodded quickly. I took one quick jump around the limelight to see if the 2-step room had picked up, now their was an amazing 10-15 people dancing or bobbing along. My night ended as quickly as it had begun. Over all Globe Bass was GREAT.

Rating:

DJ StarChild == 8.5 (with nice mix of D'n'B)

DJ Pish-Posh == 7.5 (too much drop off)

DJ Diesel Boy == 8.0 (I don't think he was on his game last night)

DJ ???? == 9.0 (what was his name? WOW)

All the MCs == 7.0 (less talk more bass)

Crowd == 8.5 (nice mix of people and dance styles)

Overall == 8.5 (see you @ hoilday bass/drinkland)

Dstgeorge

------------------

"You all laugh at me becasue I'm differant, I laugh at you because your all the same."

Great review man, Thanks!

------------------

parish...

-beat slacker mac-

AIM= thomaskm1/ Parish@clubplanet.com

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac-Man

affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."