Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anybody hear of a POCKIT ROCKIT party its happening at sol tonight 12/22

Heres all the info i found, im guessing somebody from this board might no something about these djs/producers, cause i dont.

pockit-vi.jpg

Pockit Rockit

3 Year Anniversary

Thursday December 22nd

John Arnold and Ayro Live

Ubiquity Records/Transmat Detroit Since the release of his debut Arnold has developed a completely live, non-stop electronic show bridging the gap between DJ and producer. This “freestyle” technique was developed with label mate and Detroit neighbor Jeremy Ellis. Both are trained musicians and studio scientists. Performing and creating tracks live allowed Arnold to test run music on the dance floor in front of a crowd. These improvisational moments were the inspiration for the Style and Pattern album. “Most of the music for the album was born out of live performances. These freestyle shows involve creating music from scratch; playing beats on the Akai MPC, looping them and playing keys on my guitar, while constantly looping and building,” explains Arnold. “It allows for true improvisation and I can explore all kinds of rhythms and music,” he adds.

ARE Weapons Live

NYC A.R.E. Weapons is one of the most interesting records ever to use disco electrobeats and synth washes for rock'n'roll effect; it's got raps and gang shouts and melodies and supercheap electronics ping-ponging and careening all over the place—I mean, it's one of the most interesting to officially use them for rock'n'roll effect. Disco, of course, has from the start been unofficially using itself for rock'n'roll effect, from Moroder to Flashdance to LeAnn Rimes. And if you don't think there's menace in disco, then you've just never listened to much disco, have you? And hey, A.R.E. Weapons would tell you that if you can't dance in the face of fear, then babe, you just can't dance

Ge-ology

Female Fun Records NYC According to Ge-ology Plays Ge-ology's liner notes, Ge-ology's first music group that he was ever involved in (under the name DJ Plainterror) included MC New York, aka Tupac. But that was just the beginning * Ge-ology's produced tracks for many, including Bahamadia, Platinum Pied Pipers, Mos Def, Vinia Mojica and Talib Kweli, and many, many more. Equally, or, perhaps better known for his visual arts skills, Ge-ology the artist goes by the name G-Young. You may recognise his work from Rawkus' Body Rock cover.

Kimyon

Pockit Rockit USA, NYC Kimyon is owner and operator of The Muvment, an New York based music, art and fashion production company responsible for dance events with an eclectic twist known for its resistance to the predictable club scene and its edgy undergound taste. Pockit Rockit has been held more than 50 times in New York, LA, Miami and Chicago since its inception in 2002 @ Piano's in the LES.

Sujinho and Cassiano

I Love Baile Funk NYC A great up to date mix of baile funk. The bizarre funk-laden rhythms of the brazillian favelas course thru this sound with a heavy DIY ethos contributing to the rough cut and paste sounds and melodies.

Chris Love Jukebox Heroes NYC Jedi

Crooklyn Club Musik, Groove Bros. NYC

Doors @ 9 pm @

SOL 609 W. 29th St. bet. 11 and 12 Ave 212-643-6464

www.kimyonmuvment.com

www.sol-nyc.com