Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tryst

lalate

Preview tonight and this week at Wynn. If you are going to Vegas this weekend, you need to check it out. Is expected to be absolutely incredible.

Quick stats.

1. Floor to ceiling renovations. Not a cosmetic job.

2. Open Thursday to Sunday.

3. Music is hiphop Thurs - Sat (former dj from Ra), Sunday is oldschool.

4. Industry crowd/night is Thurs (like Tao)

5. No hustle to push you into bottle service if you dont want it (unlike a lot of other venues).

Worth checking out. 06 is gonna be fun for Vegas. :rock:

DJ Create

I am sorry, but this is just a comment of my own personal opinion, which I like to share with the rest of the world. Sorry…please don’t get mad.

I think DJ Create is a great producer of mash ups and corny remixes, but as a DJ, I think he sucks. He was responsible for flat lining Wednesday nights @ ICE. Everyone that I have talked to agrees with me.

Maybe Tryst should consider someone else.

I am sorry, but this is just a comment of my own personal opinion, which I like to share with the rest of the world. Sorry…please don’t get mad.

I think DJ Create is a great producer of mash ups and corny remixes, but as a DJ, I think he sucks. He was responsible for flat lining Wednesday nights @ ICE. Everyone that I have talked to agrees with me.

Wow you are really something else. No wonder you're in bed with Mr. Freeze, just dissing djs left and right. Interestingly I don't think Create is the best dj in the business either, but HE is not the SOLE reason ICE failed on Wednesdays. I cannot believe you just blamed him for the fall, and ignored all the other reasons like...

1. Tangerine had the lock on Wednesdays - its the newer club - and it already had it locked before Ice tried to go against it.

2. Very poor promotions by Ice. Little managerial support for the night.

3. Few big name djs to get it going.

4. Toughest night in town (Wednesday).

5. Non-Hip-Hop promos don't generally work in this town for regular hour non-weekend events.

6. Ice is not as popular as you think. Many have said it all along. Take away the big name djs and ice is bankrupt in 3 months. Even now it can barely maintain 2 strong nights with the big names.

You might very well be right. I dont know the person. And I dont know how long thats booked for.

Interestingly I don't think Create is the best dj in the business either, but HE is not the SOLE reason ICE failed on Wednesdays. I cannot believe you just blamed him for the fall, and ignored all the other reasons like...

7. ICE is just too damn big of a space to try to have any sort of regular success on a Wednesday. That's tough for any club of its size, let alone one off the strip.

In my opinion one of the design flaws of ICE is that there was no way to downsize the club for smaller nights. I've been there on a few nights when they're at two-thirds capacity, which means good door and bar revenue, but the space is so huge it feels dead with a crowd that size... and while closing down the lounge and fur rooms will pack everyone into the arena, you still get the feeling that it's a weak night at a struggling club.

I still dig ICE and will be sorry to see it go, but I think it's safe to say that a large, off-strip club just isn't going to be viable in Vegas.

I was able to get on the list for TRYST but I caught that flu that is going around. Last night was my first night back out and I went to the V-Theater and that was total disaster. The management crew had attitudes like they had a line around the corner and they might of had 30 people in line at any given time. One thing these clubs really need to understand is that allowing their staff to treat guest like they are shit is not the way to have a successful club. Lots of people are getting real sick of these doormen and VIP host acting as if they are the shit and the people coming to the club are just cows waiting to eat. People decide to go to a given club, they are not forced. I was treated ok last night but I saw so many other people being treated like shit. I see this all the time at clubs everywhere including here in our own backyard. If the doormen could be a little more respectful to the people who don't have titts and ass haggin out all over the place, more locals would come and help the bottom line revenues. assholes are for shit. sorry just had to get some things off my chest. :)

I was able to get on the list for TRYST but I caught that flu that is going around. Last night was my first night back out and I went to the V-Theater and that was total disaster. The management crew had attitudes like they had a line around the corner and they might of had 30 people in line at any given time. One thing these clubs really need to understand is that allowing their staff to treat guest like they are shit is not the way to have a successful club. Lots of people are getting real sick of these doormen and VIP host acting as if they are the shit and the people coming to the club are just cows waiting to eat. People decide to go to a given club, they are not forced. I was treated ok last night but I saw so many other people being treated like shit. I see this all the time at clubs everywhere including here in our own backyard. If the doormen could be a little more respectful to the people who don't have titts and ass haggin out all over the place, more locals would come and help the bottom line revenues. assholes are for shit. sorry just had to get some things off my chest. :)

That was the discussion of the night at a houseparty here lastnight.. how the first people you see at a bar/club is the doorpesrson and that person from look, demeanor, and similar, is what sets the tone of the night. I know the peeps we deal with are wonderfully nice people. I hate jerks.

I mean is it the same peeps that ran the old club inside Wynn?

- Tryst is the same location as La Bete

- Tryst has a different management team than La Bete

- Tryst has some of the same staff as La Bete

- The venues look apparently nothing like each other. Massive remodel. See previous posts.