Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Angello

BKDJ

WE HAD A PARTY WITH HIM LAST NIGHT, OVERALL HIS SET WAS VERY NICE...

But,

There were several periods over 20 minutes where he DID NOT PICK UP THE HEADPHONES ONCE, and there were about 2 or 3 times where he left the booth, and tracks perfectly mixed by themselves! now thats a powerful dj! lol

opinions...?

i've been using live for afew months already, and besides my laptop, there was no computer there... and he wasnt using mine.... I know he's a great producer and has been hated on as a dj... but c'mon...... pre-mixed sets?????

i've been using live for afew months already, and besides my laptop, there was no computer there... and he wasnt using mine.... I know he's a great producer and has been shat on as a dj... but c'mon...... pre-mixed sets?????

Raz thats a bold thing to say on a public messageboard...

Steve played for me a few months ago at Cielo and I saw nothing that would make think that he used pre mixed cds...he actually looked pretty damn hard at work that night, mixing, using the EFX etc..

Ive known you for a while man...kinda surprised you would come up here and say something like this without more solid proof. Def not very professional :nono:

Raz thats a bold thing to say on a public messageboard...

Steve played for me a few months ago at Cielo and I saw nothing that would make think that he used pre mixed cds...he actually looked pretty damn hard at work that night, mixing, using the EFX etc..

Ive known you for a while man...kinda surprised you would come up here and say something like this without more solid proof. Def not very professional :nono:

Andy, This is the first time i actually said anything like this sort about anyone, but I couldnt hold it in... i was right there, in the booth bro, he spun a 3 hour set. As I said, the set was solid and pretty much "FLAWLESS" and from what I heard in the past, he doesnt have flawless sets... I was looking more for the hard beats he got, which he delivered, than i was for a flawless set.. but having both was toooooo surprising, especially when we had our eye on him the whole time! Again, I am not totally calling him out, because I DID SEE HIM MIX SEVERAL TRACKS with headphones, some ok, some great, non that I can say were BAD. but the fact that there was NO EXTERNAL SOUND SOURCE OTHER THAN 2 CDJS AND 2 1200'S... as a dj, i think it would be VERY VERY HARD to have over 20 minutes of mixing without headphones... I know your friends with him, again, nothing personal against him but thats just what I saw.. and yes we will book him again since it was a GOOD NIGHT!

WE HAD A PARTY WITH HIM LAST NIGHT, OVERALL HIS SET WAS VERY NICE...

But,

There were several periods over 20 minutes where he DID NOT PICK UP THE HEADPHONES ONCE, and there were about 2 or 3 times where he left the booth, and tracks perfectly mixed by themselves! now thats a powerful dj! lol

opinions...?

morillo did the same thing at spirit.

Great musical selection and programming i'll tell ya that!

So I shouldnt have been that blunt, but still, you had to be there. bottom line great music and party, so as long as its all good, and we do know he's not a fake, i guess once in awhile unethical methods can fly in this biz.....