Clubplanet Nightlife Community

platinum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of whether Platinum reopens, the demographics have changed. It's a venue located in the heart of a college town, with is it's primary base crowd of 18-22. Now that this has all happened it's sure to be 21+ IF it opens. Further, the energetic progressive crowd which once defined this Paterson Street hotspot is gone. Don't get me wrong...hats off to all those who actually put their hearts in that place, like James Strzz, but I just don't see it returning to the youthful paradise it once was considered.

Ya our primary base crowd on a Thursday Night (our college night) is 18-22, which you could consider as you said a "youthful paradise". But Friday and Saturday was 21+ and our crowd was mostly 21-26 and some other people older than 26, just to get you on the same page. So I don't understand how 1 college night out of 3 nights makes a place a "youthful paradise". Now if we did every night that we are opened 18+ to party than I could accept your analogy of being a youthful paradise. By the way the place you promote and put all of your hard work Club Blu/X factor, from what I see on all the past posts on clubplanet it looks like every night you guys did was 18 to party. So can I say you guys are trying to create a youthful paradise?

But any how, Yes we will be re-opening. Why would you say "IF"? We were only closed for being over capacity. Now us being over capacity I would say it goes to show our promotional team was working their asses off and most importantly the customers loved going.

Now back to a thing you said, "the energetic progressive crowd which once defined this Paterson Street hotspot is gone"... Gone? Where have they gone? Still getting phone calls and emails to this day asking when we are reopening. And if our large customer cliental did find another spot they some what like, I'm sure with our hard work we will get them back. Just remember they found another place for the time being because they were forced to because we were closed.

I'd like to clarify a few points. First off, let me begin by saying that my mention of James Strzz was meant as a compliment ie 'hats off to all those who actually put their hearts in that place'. Second, when I say 'youthful paradise', 18-26 IS youthful. I suppose it's a matter of perspective. And as far as Platinum closing as a result of 'overcapacity' alone, we all know that there are MANY underlying reasons for it's doors being closed.

Yes, I proudly work with Blu--but before you consider begining some sort of 'war of insults', you should realize that A/ it is a brand new place, B/ the party IS growing and already receiving high marks, and C/ if I make ONE dollar, it's still one hundred cents more than anyone is currently making from 97 Paterson Street.

So we have two options here. The first is to understand that I meant nothing rash to anyone in my original posting, in which case I'd be content with this ending here. The second...well let's just say I tend to take irrational personal attacks with a grain of salt, although like an elephant, I never forget.

And as for muscles' comment...on the money.

Drama...places open, close, reopen, stay open for many years. Welcome to the night club industry. Bickering to one another about clubs wont solve anything. Personally Platinum re-opens good for them. It kept people out of work...who will have work again. Best of luck to Strzz. Platinum will do well, for the plain fact its in a college town. The clientel is there. I am sure the town will keep a watch, but if they do everything right for a while, the town will back off.

Good luck with the parties at Platinum.

In my last statment does it look like I'm trying to start a war? I never said anything bad about your place of work what so ever. I used your analogies as an example because I dont know how you call "youthful paradies" 21-26? But look again theres nothing bad or negative I said? So I don't understand the reasoning of your defensive response.

1) And as far as Platinum closing as a result of 'overcapacity' alone, we all know that there are MANY underlying reasons for it's doors being closed."

Look at the newspaper going back 2 months ago it even stated city closes the club due to over capacity if there was anything else it would be stated... The headline of the newspaper said FIRECODE BURNS NIGHTCLUB.. Im sure if there were any other legal reasoning of the closing of Platinum the newspaper wouldnt hesitate listing it what so ever.

2) Im sure your making more than 100 cents than 97 Patterson St becuase I dont think theres a Patterson St in New Brunswick. But there is a Paterson Street. But if you ment 97 Paterson St New Brunswick, I congratulate you if your making more than them becuase thats Robert Wood Johnson

Professional Center and I'm sure they make at least $$,$$$,$$$. lol

Platinums Addess for further notice is 13 Paterson Street New Brunswick NJ 08901, for every one who will be making their return for our re opening party.

This is my last response to this. Words of advice just get facts straight before you post. Becuase some people on here as we all know take this shit a little bit personal lol. But no hard feelings Rob just didnt understand your previous post and I have no intentions of starting a war.

Ya our primary base crowd on a Thursday Night (our college night) is 18-22, which you could consider as you said a "youthful paradise". But Friday and Saturday was 21+ and our crowd was mostly 21-26 and some other people older than 26, just to get you on the same page. So I don't understand how 1 college night out of 3 nights makes a place a "youthful paradise". Now if we did every night that we are opened 18+ to party than I could accept your analogy of being a youthful paradise. By the way the place you promote and put all of your hard work Club Blu/X factor, from what I see on all the past posts on clubplanet it looks like every night you guys did was 18 to party. So can I say you guys are trying to create a youthful paradise?

But any how, Yes we will be re-opening. Why would you say "IF"? We were only closed for being over capacity. Now us being over capacity I would say it goes to show our promotional team was working their asses off and most importantly the customers loved going.

Now back to a thing you said, "the energetic progressive crowd which once defined this Paterson Street hotspot is gone"... Gone? Where have they gone? Still getting phone calls and emails to this day asking when we are reopening. And if our large customer cliental did find another spot they some what like, I'm sure with our hard work we will get them back. Just remember they found another place for the time being because they were forced to because we were closed.

I do put all my hardwork into Blu. Last I checked hard work never killed anyone. Also last I check Blu is not 18 to party any more. I would get the facts straight first before posting false information. Try starting a club from day one, and not walking into a party that is established or has a base crowd to build on.

Whoever said hardwork was bad. I dont think that was never stated in this post. Well I'm getting my facts from your past posts from your Thursday & Saturday and also your NYE posts.

"Try starting a club from day one, and not walking into a party that is established or has a base crowd to build on."

I never had the chance to do that because each time a "new" venue opens I'm already involved, commited and happy at a club at that present time. Plus some of the new places that do start/open up, 9 times out of 10 the clubs are usualy a dump or the owner is "anti-promoters". So many people who have money now and these days think they can open a club and make $$$$$$$ like all other venues in the area that have been there for years and being a success. Look back at 98/99, how many clubs/lounges were in the area? Now compare that # to todays #. And look how many clubs/lounges come and go as the months pass by.

As I said before I'm not trying to start a war... But if people insist I'm full with ammo. Which I'm sure people on the oposing side are too. Keep in mind your gun maybe loaded and cocked and ready for a shot but my bazooka is loaded and ready to blow fuckers away :duel:

I suppose the lesson of biting off more than can be chewed was foregone by sensai. BTW, I sincerely doubt clarification of addresses is necessary, but since that was brought up, if my memory serves me correctly, a certain somebody was seeking employment at an address on Arthur Kill Rd....or was that not supposed to be known.

Newspapers? ....no. It's called confidential due to "ongoing investigation". Not all sources are run off in mass production media circuits. Inquire around about laptops. Suprise, suprise. I'm not a fly on the wall after all. Walk away.

My apologies to all for the cryptic nature of this posting...some things are better left unsaid.

Ya I was looking for work for the time being during when platinum is closed, so I can make some side change. But someone on Arthur Kill Road couldn't pay me on our argeed price due to lack of people in the venue. From what I recall I was offered $20 for gas and tolls? What was that, were you giving me $1 for every person in there? Than we re-discussed and only got half that I had to chase after.

I forgot you get classified information lol my bad. YOU GOT THE HOOK UP BRO!! CONGRATS! Let me guess rob by day you are DEA and by night your a producer/dj/promoter/light&sound tech! Ongoing investigation? If it's a ongoing investigation why is the town letting us reopen?

So you fly away... If you want line your self right up again... Because next time you'll be Peter McNeilly (that will be complimenting you guys) and I'll be Mike Tyson. If you dont watch boxing or have no fucking clue what I'm talking about the fight that lasted 89 seconds and McNeilly was on the loosing end. :punch:

Ok young Skywalker aka Tyson Jr.-- BUT, out of respect for J.E., I'd suggest asking his advice on the matter prior to engaging your next '89 sec bout'. My suggestion; live by the truth, and leave tales of bazookas in your closet. DEA? They weren't involved in Platinums situation in the least. Should they have been? Or would ATF be more appropriate. Speaking of which...just how old are you again?

Additionally, for the record...The one day you came out to MC, we pulled you in to offer you an economic remedy to your loss of Platinum BEFORE our Grand Opening. You made claims to have a following, and just how many people were with you? Zero. The decision was made to have you go home. You did not work, but even then, YES, I paid you $20 to cover your gas and tolls (all $6) worth. I suppose you didn't realize that was from my own pocket and not from the establishment. Is it possible you've overestimated your worth? Platinum did well before you, and I'm sure they'd do well without you...or were you not aware of Showboat replacing you on Saturday nights. The numbers game is a dicey one. It comes down to the bottom line James. You just haven't realized yet, that so little of any business is alliances, but what pays the bills.

Pardon my sarcasm.

I really had higher regard and expectations for you. It's somewhat disconcerning that here we are, on ClubPlanet, contemplating whimsical issues with little bearing on the long-term. I hope that the next move you decide to take will be one thought out and logical, rather than emotionally driven.

Yup man we needed ATF, DEA, FBI the whole 9 yards at platinum. lol Bro whos kidding who every 1 and their mother knows Platinum isnt the place go do blow and be all cracked out lol. Im 20 years old. So what does my age have to do with this?

We agreed on paying as a MC not as a promoter. If you want me to bring wouldnt you hire me as a promoter? I told you guys prior to the night your paying me as MC if you want me to promote it will be additional $$$$. Also too the following of an entertainer/dj/mc can only go so far. If the entertainer is booked at a shithole that no 1 knows about do you think their following will go or want to go? The decision of me going home was made by me because you look so pissed of frustrated and those little tears in your eyes because your night was a FLUNK!

Platinum was success before I came there and became more successful when my team got there was operating the nights and if the nights didn't grow or become a bigger success than why does the owner still have us and pay us? Showboat replacing me on saturday nights? lol Bro he works on the radio on saturdays and I speak with him every week so I'm sure he wouldve told me hey James I got a new gig this Sat wanna come down? But hey I might be wrong. So if you do have showboat, that means youll have a decent size entertainment budget which means youll be loosing money quickly than ut oo BYE BYE lets move on to another club and maybe we can make something work for a change.

Rob what party are you still involved in that has last more than 2 months? Where have you worked at!?!?

THANK YOU COME AGAIN! :hat:

Yup man we needed ATF, DEA, FBI the whole 9 yards at platinum. lol Bro whos kidding who every 1 and their mother knows Platinum isnt the place go do blow and be all cracked out lol. Im 20 years old. So what does my age have to do with this?

We agreed on paying as a MC not as a promoter. If you want me to bring wouldnt you hire me as a promoter? I told you guys prior to the night your paying me as MC if you want me to promote it will be additional $$$$. Also too the following of an entertainer/dj/mc can only go so far. If the entertainer is booked at a shithole that no 1 knows about do you think their following will go or want to go? The decision of me going home was made by me because you look so pissed of frustrated and those little tears in your eyes because your night was a FLUNK!

Platinum was success before I came there and became more successful when my team got there was operating the nights and if the nights didn't grow or become a bigger success than why does the owner still have us and pay us? Showboat replacing me on saturday nights? lol Bro he works on the radio on saturdays and I speak with him every week so I'm sure he wouldve told me hey James I got a new gig this Sat wanna come down? But hey I might be wrong. So if you do have showboat, that means youll have a decent size entertainment budget which means youll be loosing money quickly than ut oo BYE BYE lets move on to another club and maybe we can make something work for a change.

Rob what party are you still involved in that has last more than 2 months? Where have you worked at!?!?

THANK YOU COME AGAIN! :hat:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Hey Mr secret agent Rob, you just got bitched! He just told you every party you attempt to throw SUCKS! Also it said"ongoing investigation" in the paper, dont act like you know info knowbody else does.

Muscles dont even get involved itll just make things worst than what they are. People think like I'm out and ready with my bazooka and my boxing gloves lol but I'm just really talking about the facts and people trying to go up against them and be knocked right down with their bullshit. Also now your taking my words and twisting them because theres not 1 thing I said that relates to what rob does sucks (besides saying the night was a flunk because if your not able to pay your employess what was agreed than I think your night wasnt good enough) so back off man.. plus who r u muscles.. send me a PM?

Also on a side note look at this whole conversation I said club blu/x factor once (not even in a bad way)! But from other people (blu staff) it is Platinum this Platinum that, Platinum don't need you, Platinum isnt getting their crowd back, You cant do shit blah blah. I just find it funny how people jump into defense mode so easily, talk out of their ass while hitting the RED ALERT button at the same time!

I usually dont get involved on stupid non sense on here and I did now lol Last night me being bored just relaxing not doing anything at home, of course I'm gonna feed into this stuff and go back and forth. Which now I'm not bored and back to my every day regular schedule and time to make some $$$$$!

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS CLUB BLU IS GONNA DO THEIR THING AND PLATINUM WILL BE RE-OPENING WITH IN 3 WEEKS AND BE SUCCESSFUL ONCE AGAIN. SEE EVERY ONE TILL THAT TIME COMES

Whoever said hardwork was bad. I dont think that was never stated in this post. Well I'm getting my facts from your past posts from your Thursday & Saturday and also your NYE posts.

"Try starting a club from day one, and not walking into a party that is established or has a base crowd to build on."

I never had the chance to do that because each time a "new" venue opens I'm already involved, commited and happy at a club at that present time. Plus some of the new places that do start/open up, 9 times out of 10 the clubs are usualy a dump or the owner is "anti-promoters". So many people who have money now and these days think they can open a club and make $$$$$$$ like all other venues in the area that have been there for years and being a success. Look back at 98/99, how many clubs/lounges were in the area? Now compare that # to todays #. And look how many clubs/lounges come and go as the months pass by.

As I said before I'm not trying to start a war... But if people insist I'm full with ammo. Which I'm sure people on the oposing side are too. Keep in mind your gun maybe loaded and cocked and ready for a shot but my bazooka is loaded and ready to blow fuckers away :duel:

STRONG WORDS KIDD...BLOW US AWAY? I AM NOT EVEN GOING TO GO THAT ROUTE. YOU CAN COME AT ME WITH WHATEVER YOU HAVE! I AM TAKEING THIS AND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING WITH A GRAIN OF SALT OR WHAT MUSCLES WOULD LIKE TO SAY A GRAM OF COKE! WHAT A TOOL BOX! WHAT HAPPENS IN CLUBS IS ALL THE SAME! PLATINUM HAD ITS INSTANCES OF BLOW TOO! TELL ME A CLUB THAT IS PERFECT? TELL ME A PROMOTER THAT IS PERFECT? NO ONE IS PERFECT. SO FOR YOUR BAZOOKA AND FOR THE SELF-PROCLAIMED BAD BOY OF CLUB PLANET MR. MUSCLES QUIT THE SHIT! JAMES I WISHED YOU LUCK, THEN YOU GO BASHING ME! WTF...YOU ARE A SPINNING IMAGE OF SOMEONE WE ALL KNOW! :aaah: SO SCAREY, YET SO TRUE!

ARE A SPINNING IMAGE OF SOMEONE WE ALL KNOW! :aaah: SO SCAREY, YET SO TRUE!

come on leave MAtty C out of this....HAHAHAH...come fellas...you both been around...ease up....Every Club has its day ever club gets torn down..

look @ Stingrays and Temps....no matter what anyone say Stingrays was teh shit @ one point...so was temps..now Temps will be a sports bar and Stingrays is a SR home.... none of these owners share the BIG bucks....make it while you can and move on... my .02 cents

come on leave MAtty C out of this....HAHAHAH...come fellas...you both been around...ease up....Every Club has its day ever club gets torn down..

look @ Stingrays and Temps....no matter what anyone say Stingrays was teh shit @ one point...so was temps..now Temps will be a sports bar and Stingrays is a SR home.... none of these owners share the BIG bucks....make it while you can and move on... my .02 cents

BRO COULDNT SAY IT ANY BETTER. VERY TRUE! I WILL STEP DOWN FROM THE PODIUM.