Clubplanet Nightlife Community

platinum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that? Maybe cause when you were living @ Club Sleep, you slept next to Rats????

Wow your still on that?! Man your a fucken loser, like maddness said on the other post im jus gonna shut up and let u look like the fcuken asshole that you are, because when it comes down to it your gonna keep hiding behind your comp screen and stay a message board loser!!

:jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff:

I've always liked Platinum and I'm not saying that James b/c your the buddy. I did hear that it closed down for drug purposes and I just read that it was for being over capacity, but the 2 reasons for it's closing seem to be far off. I also don't think the age is that bad. Should clubs be more focused for people in their 30's, as opposed to the main drinkers, which are college and mid-rang 20 year olds? I don't like teenie bopper clubs, that is why I shy away from places like Abyss and go to Deko, but I don't think Platinum is that bad. I don't know, but my friends and I like that place.

Regardless of whether Platinum reopens, the demographics have changed. It's a venue located in the heart of a college town, with is it's primary base crowd of 18-22. Now that this has all happened it's sure to be 21+ IF it opens. Further, the energetic progressive crowd which once defined this Paterson Street hotspot is gone. Don't get me wrong...hats off to all those who actually put their hearts in that place, like James Strzz, but I just don't see it returning to the youthful paradise it once was considered.

I don't know if I would classify New Brunswick as a traditional college town. More like a city that happens to have part of a college with in it. Secondly, the location of Platinum is not the best for the college students becasue it is not near any real parking or any of the other bars. Third, the clientel has been less and less rutgers kids lately.