Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Brett Johnson @ Bump 2/5

rollandess

This Sunday at the Phoenix Landing we got the Dallas go-to-guy; BRETT JOHNSON! With numerous productions and a busy dj schedule, this kid packs the heat and soul of everything house. Definitely a night not to be missed. Oh yeah...it's my Birthday too (goodie bags included)! My buddy Crisco and I will be opening up(10-11:30...Brett 11:30-1) Check it!!!!

BrettJohnson1.jpg

Brett Johnson - Classic/Aesoteric Records/Dallas

ROBOT KARATE TOUR

The Present......

Brett Johnson's name has become synonymous with house music, his peers consider him to be one of the breakout artist of 2002/2003 and a breathe of fresh air.

In the last year, Brett has been very busy - We've seen him play all around the world at all the hottest clubs and festivals in places like France, UK, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Sweden, Spain, South Korea, Brazil , Columbia and many others! Playing out most weekends, if there is a hot club Brett will be there! Brett Johnson has developed a serious music career, when not traveling the globe rocking dance floors and leaving no survivors he is at home working on music. When his productions grabbed the attention of Derrick Carter and Luke Solomon's Classic Records they were quick to get him signed to the label, as well as DJ Sneak's Magnetic Recordings. Production projects and remixes for high profile artists like Mark Farina, Robbie Hardkiss, Alexi Delano, Smash TV, Alexkid, Soul Mechanik, Shur-I-Kan, Formidable Force, Scoper and Bubba and many others have kept this studio bee buzzing. With the success of his Bounce EP on Classic Recordings, his hit singles "Temptation and Lies","Broken", "Where are you going"+ many other projects for various labels we can count on Brett to continue bringing the beats and music we love . Brett says, "I have only begun to tap my own potential, the future looks quite bright for the world and our music... ".

The Past......

It was a progressive evolution over fifteen years that began with the late 80s Rap and Hip House sound, which offered an introduction to DJing and what is now coined as "turntable-ism". Followed by the Techno and House influence in the early 90s, where Brett felt he had found his niche and in those early years his love for all things electronic grew into a deep respect and passion. At the same time, the Dallas House music scene was growing and Brett was being exposed to great event productions and even greater House music talents and legends. "The early '90s in Dallas were an amazing time for House and Techno music. I was consumed with producers like MAW, Todd Terry, Kerri Chandler, K.O.T., Timmy Regisford and the whole NYC movement, then I was exposed to the new Chicago sound that was making waves and fell in love with its playfulness. I had the chance to hear people like Derrick Carter, DJ Sneak, Ralphi Rosario, the DiY Crew and dozens of others.Though It was'nt until i had the great pleasure of meeting and spending time with house music pioneer Chez Damier, that i understood that making music was the next step for me". A move to Austin inspired ideas and motivation to make music. While Brett continued to build the DJ aspect of his career, he was consumed with writing music and over the next four years he studied music, absorbed information and learned all he could about the equipment and production. Brett started Aesoteric Records with friends in '98, its purpose was to be an outlet to release their music, but it wasn't long before other artists were signed to the label. Iz and Diz, Cpen, Hakan Lidbo and fellow Dallas House heads JT Donaldson, Tim Shumaker aka Home and Garden and Lance Desardi were all people they thought expressed a similar vibe. The label has given Brett and friends the freedom to do and say what they want without any confusion. "I realized a long time ago that my purpose in life was to make myself and others happy, I have chosen music to be the vehicle to do so".

Bump @ the Phoenix Landing

512 Mass. Ave

Cambridge, MA

19+

Marz Entertainment.Com

Rolland Ess Website