Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Guido?

luca7

Hey guys!

I always read this board (and I had great nights thanks to some posts), but I've never wrote before.

Can anyone explain me what Guido means?? :) I've read it so many times..

I'm from Italy (Milan), and I've been here in NY for 8 months, but anyone never called me Guido! :)

PS: my best friend's name in Italy is Guido :) It's a pretty common name..

Ciao

Hey guys!

I always read this board (and I had great nights thanks to some posts), but I've never wrote before.

I'm from Italy (Milan), and I've been here in NY for 8 months, but anyone never called me Guido! :)

Ciao

Since u r probably not goin to get a straight answer from anyone here especially with the question you asked!! First off welcome to the board and recently this country!! Second the word guido as you should now means GUY in italian!! thats for all u morons out there!! BUt ignorant americans use the word for slang as another negative stereotype towards the italian culture!! Hope this helps!!

ciao!!

Hey guys!

Ciao

You can see them at JP's birthday bash this month at Exit.

If you're still not sure, be on the lookout for any of the following:

Blowout hairstyles

Waxed eyebrows

Italian flag tattoos

Gold chains

Anyone doing the SF shuffle

People who always look pissed off

Sweatbands

Anyone walking around w/ no shirt (sometimes flexing to the beat)

Anyone who is really tan in the middle of winter

A/X clothing size Extra small

People who shave every part of their body

Sunglasses on inside the club

Muscles

Anyone wearing a JP shirt

Oh, here's some of them in the wild;

CIMG0007.jpg

386368629_l.jpg

cimg55255ti.jpg

CIMG2291.jpg

LOL...These pictures are absolutely hillarious!!!

In this day and age "The Guido" really has little or nothing to do with actual Italian heritage. "Guido" is a state of mind..you can find Irish, Jewish, Spanish and even Hindu Guidos floating around the clubs of NJ and NY. They travel in herds and have limited comunication skills.

lucky and hotmusic really captured the essence of the guido...I think the way most of us use it has nothing to do with being Italian (although the Wikipedia version was how it used to be used years ago). A lot of the "guidos" I know are Russian, Spanish, Armenian, etc. There are still a ton of Italian ones though.

I was a guido from 86 to 92, guidos these days are just pretty boys. We use to wear boxing shoes, westling shoes, wig wams, z cavaricci with cut IOU's sweatshirts. Some had tails, some had spikes others had lines in their head. We all wore changes and we all thought we were the hottest and baddest around. NEVER did we take our shirts off in clubs.