Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club Avalon

Event Concept (Promotional Company, Russia) and Club Avalon are planning to have a series of Russian themed parties “Avalon.ru” that will take place in club Avalon. The concept of these parties is based on introducing the New York club audience to the latest Russian/European hottest club projects and top Russian DJs. The first DJs to perform are: DJ Romeo (www.djromeo.ru) and DJ Grad (www.djgrad.com).

We would like to hear a feedback from you on the following questions:

1. Would you be interested in such series of events/parties?

2. Do you follow the music of current top Russian/European DJs?

3. If yes, can you please name them?

4. What would draw you to such event/party?

5. Anything in addition to the above is welcomed to be expressed.

We greatly appreciate your opinions and feedbacks. Thank you for your time.

If the music is good I'm sure a certain amount of people would go. It does'nt seem like some clubs no what direction to head right now. Avalon is constantly changing its Venue. From styles, to nights to promoters lately it seems. Spirit is doing its own thing with saturday night events that are no longer techno related. It doesnt seem as though Pacha has even extablished exactly what kind of club it is. In my opinion Avalon is not doing things correctly right now and need to re-establish their priorities. Just my thoughts on this thuogh no hate. I always enjoy myself at Avalon, though small it offers an interior and exterior style of such uniqueness thats its fun to go to. Kinda rambled but just whats on my mind.

Keough

wow russian dj's you know thats gonna be the cheesiest shit of history

DJs from Russia completely differ from what you have seen or use to seeing in New York [among the russian club scene]. The sound, style and the music itself is a completely different. Please keep that in mind.

If the music is good I'm sure a certain amount of people would go. It does'nt seem like some clubs no where to head right now. Avalon is constantly chanigng its Venue lately it seems. Spirit is doing its own thing with saturday night events. It doesnt seem as though Pacha has even extablished exactly what kind of club it is. In my opinion Avalon is not doing things correctly right now and need to re-establish their priorities. Just my thoughts on this thogh no hate. I always enjoy myself at Avalon, though small it offers an interior and exterior style of such uniqueness. I kinda rambled but just been on my mind. Keough

Any type of feedback is extremely helpful. Thank you for speaking out your mind. I just hope that others will follow your lead.

May I ask why?

Your main russian population of NYC resides in Brooklyn. That's going to be where you want your party. Many people in the city will be turned off by the fact it's "one type" of music/people at this party, you'll lose money at the door, thus losing money at the bars, coat check, tables, bottles, etc. thus pissing off the managerial staffing.

Having the party in Brooklyn would allow easy commute for the population, and the music goers, imho.

Could you please explain in more detail why you think that a good [Russian themed] party would not work out in Avalon?

you'd be billing the night as "Russian-Themed?"

I go to clubs to hear good music and hang out with friends, I have no idea what the hell Russia would have to do with that.

Your main russian population of NYC resides in Brooklyn. That's going to be where you want your party. Many people in the city will be turned off by the fact it's "one type" of music/people at this party, you'll lose money at the door, thus losing money at the bars, coat check, tables, bottles, etc. thus pissing off the managerial staffing.

Having the party in Brooklyn would allow easy commute for the population, and the music goers, imho.

Yet again, many russians that reside in Brooklyn travel to the city to go out.

As a Model Russian Clubber, I feel it's my duty and obligation to respond honestly and in detail:

1. Would you be interested in such series of events/parties?

Possibly, see below:

2. Do you follow the music of current top Russian/European DJs?

Russian - kinda. I occasionally visit www.uplifto.ru, but because there are very few promo mixes, I find it kinda useless, because I don't really know what the music is like.

3. If yes, can you please name them?

PPK, Bobina; I liked early RadioTrance, I thought later RadioTrance was too techno for me; I *REALLY* like DJ Karas' mixes; and I like some stuff from Pimenov.

Also: "Love - PPK vs. Valerie Silver" is my all-time favorite EDM track; "Lox - eto sud'ba" is my all-time favorite trance track; "Bobina Best of 2003" is my all-time favorite trance compilation; Bobina's "White-mane horsies" is my all-time favorite remix and the first RadioTrance CD is my all-time favorite EDM album.

4. What would draw you to such event/party?

First of all - music. When Russian DJs *REALLY* want to come up with sets that are full of bombs - they can definitely deliver. Second - girls. Russian parties bring flocks of single Russian girls, who are gorgeous, have beautiful bodies and are better dressed. In addition, Russian girls are easier to deal with than American girls because Russian girls are looking for husbands and they need to get married *NOW*, while American girls won't give up their unrealistic laundry lists.

5. Anything in addition to the above is welcomed to be expressed.

Yes - please don't bring Russian "popsa" like "Ruki Vverx", "Tatu", Dima, Sasha. Borya, Nadya, Natasha and shit like this. I know Russians love it, but serious Russian clubbers are going to throw up if they hear this shit and it's not appropriate for Manhattan venues. Trust me on this one!!! "Mal'chik Gay" just didn't sound right on Roxy's sound system when DJ Pushkin did it.

In other words you don't care what type of an event it is as long as the music is good.

no, thats not what I am saying. My point is that good music will draw me to a party, not the fact that it is being billed as a random nationality-affiliated party. The fact that you are billing it as "Russian-Themed," to me at least, sounds excluding. Book Russian DJs, sure, but don't bill it as a Russian party. Or, do it. I'm just saying that promotiing it as such is a big turn off for me.

Club scene in Russia really picked up over the past few years and there are plenty of really good russian djs around, so i dont think anyone should worry about music being bad. The problem is is that not that many Russians are into clubbing, a lot of them prefer lounges over clubs and have no idea about trance/house type of music, but that might just be the kind of a party that can change this. I'll be really looking forward to it, haven't been in Avalon for a while.

Keep the Russian djs in Brighton Beach,

Avalon saturdays what the hell are u doing?

Most people go to Avalon don't know anything about music, it is sort of a ny landmark, a tourist spot

Avalon should just get a few solid, trance or house djs from ny to play consistetly, not bring in people from europe every once in a while who rank 5000something on the djlist, or jungle. People come to Avalon to experience NYC clubbin, they don't want russian edm

Avalon can't even keep the Asian crowd, they are flocking to pacha because of Avalons randomness on the type of music they play.

Avalon Fridays move merrit to the big room or better yet bring him to the big room on saturday.

The few times i had fun at Avalon over the past year were when Eyal hen spins ok, eddie lee loses the crowd, scot project was good, blank and jones was good, dj irene, jp halloween, jp mask party, everything else was dead, i'm talking about crowd wise not music. I'm not a big fan of jp but he fits the venue

I'd have to admit the only reason i go so many times is because of the spider club entrance

event...dude this is a good idea nyc needs some variety's..especially in music, well good luk on your party i mean i m there every saturday, i promote there and im also may be doing some opening sets for many other dj's i hope i can open for your parties.