Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any DC people here?

I go to school in College Park, and although the club scene is different from NY (I'm from NY), it is still good. Security in most of the places is stricter. But, Buzz (Sting) was rated like the best party weekend in the nation, it's every friday night. It is a good party, you'll be fine.

yo,

I go to school in DC, and live in probably the coolest area down here: Dupont circle. But it is no way comoparable to NY. The liquor stops flowin at 130, and most places close by 3. The kid from U of Maryland is right though, BUZZ is enough to get you by. They have a good lineup a lot and the cover is usually like 15 bucks. But if you are going to live out in MD, it will be a pain in the ass b/c the subway(which doesn't take you anywhere anyway) closes at 2 on weekends. It took me a long time to get accustomed to DC, at first I hated it. NOw I appreciate it b/c it such a beautiful city, the buildings, etc. It took a long time. But look at it this way, NYC is not that far at all, and when I go home, I appreciate going out 100x more than I did when I was there. I have a real sneaking suspicion that when I get out of school I will be stuck living down here for work, so I'd be happy to show you the scene.peace---FINALS FUCKING SUCK!

Actaully, there are a couple of afterhours spots..(well till 6am anyway).

5, Zei club, Nation. Nation has Buzz on Fridays, and a gay party, called Velvet nation, on Sat. Never been on Sat, but I hear that they close a lot later than 6am.

Plus, I hear its a lot wilder than Buzz.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

I'm from DC. well I'm not, I'm from england, but I live in DC. also in Dupont circle, which is definitely a good part of town to be in. DON'T live in Rockville, it is the pits of the earth (unless you have a particular taste for strip malls). Live in town & commute out for work. As for going out, check some of the posts on the DC board - there's enough going on to have a very good time here, and you're only 3.5 hours from New York when it all gets a bit small town for you (which it will, but you get used to it..)

i've basically lived here all my life . . .

the club scene is above average and you'll get used to it . . .

if you ever get bored, you can hitch a ride with me and g-money when we head up to twilo . . .

that is, unless you want to cruise in the dirtyslappermobile . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

oh yeah, DC is REALLY scary. there are drive by shootings every second of the day and I was stabbed four times on my way to work this morning as I was trying to avoid the crack dens.

and what DO you mean by the "blackest"??? maybe you really would be better off living in Rockville.

First of all Booty...stop making assumptions about what people might or might not say...you're just as bad as andwhysee for making that comment.

Now andwhysee....nah, I'm not even going to bother wasting my energy. My advice to you..stay in ny cuz you'll hate DC (rather DC will hate you with that attitude).

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

thanks for your advise.. i liked rockville it seemed very clean and i saw many nice apts there. i also think many singles live there.. i am reluctant to live in DC because it's know as the blackest and the most dangerous city in the nation.

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

I'm from DC. well I'm not, I'm from england, but I live in DC. also in Dupont circle, which is definitely a good part of town to be in. DON'T live in Rockville, it is the pits of the earth (unless you have a particular taste for strip malls). Live in town & commute out for work. As for going out, check some of the posts on the DC board - there's enough going on to have a very good time here, and you're only 3.5 hours from New York when it all gets a bit small town for you (which it will, but you get used to it..)

Originally posted by andwhysee:

...i am reluctant to live in DC because it's know as the blackest and the most dangerous city in the nation.

so I'm guessing that wasn't a racist statement...but saying that Twilo has too many asians would be.

too many blacks = OK to say

too many asians = NOT OK to say

Just trying to grasp the double standards here on this board. Lets see how many people respond saying "thats knot what he meant". You people are all full of shit.

booty direct

posted by andwhysee:

high population of african americans.

you are an excellent testament to technology . . .

living proof that internet access is available in trailer homes . . .

i think the last time you were in dc you were marching down constitution ave wearing your white robe and hood . . .

as club god i decree you, andwhysee, are now banned from the nation's capital . . .

beat it . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

oh yeah, DC is REALLY scary. there are drive by shootings every second of the day and I was stabbed four times on my way to work this morning as I was trying to avoid the crack dens.

and what DO you mean by the "blackest"??? maybe you really would be better off living in Rockville.

that's what you get for avoiding the crack dens... if you would have just given in to temptation, and snagged a rock or two, none of this ever would have happened.

thank you

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

The most dangerous city in the nation? Yeah, maybe 15 years ago! Wake up its almost 2001. I'll send some of my black peeps over to your place so you can tell them that "the blackest city" is not offensive.

Bootydirect: How many people do you think actually read this post? The people that did are jumping all over andyjackass so before you post nonsense why don't you take the time to think about what you're writing.

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"Everything is sweetened by Risk."

snoopy.gif

I used to live in DC 1990-2000. Even thought the whole city gets the bum rap about the crime, most of it happens in the SE, which really isn't at all like the rest of DC. I'm guessing you'll have very little business in that part of town. in the 10 years I lived in the city, I was in SE maybe 5 times, and that was to go see Dead shows.

Northwest, the largest area is pretty affluent and city/suburban. Then, there are the MD 'burbs like bethesda and rockville - both very safe and suburban.

But, if you're concerned about the blackness, head to the whiteness in the NW bethesda, (sometimes called 'white flight')rockville, or the suburbs by AU.

DM

yo "ANDWHYSEE",

I feel what you are saying about racial sensitivity, but what you said WAS fucked up. Use your head my man. Our e-names don't tell our stories or our colors, and while you are looking for friendly advice on this board, you are also antagonizing many by saying shit like that. YOu would fit in perfectly in Rockville, MD. It is definately your kind of place... the blacks still ride on the back of the bus...

I lived in the DC area for 2 1/2 years

and in the city itself for a year up until

December 1 this year. DC is great for being such a small city having such a large draw from all types of ethnicities. That's what I loved about DC. If you've got fear, stay away. The city is doing just fine w/out you.

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4