Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Raving in the City

Hey here is another tid bit from me... I'm unsure most the time if anyone reads my posts, but here goes the info for JOY tonight.

Stuck on Earth Presents: JOY @ Downtime NYC

(Wed Dec. 20th)

Downtime NYC: Located @ 251 W. 30th St. Between 7th & 8th.

Admission: $12 w/ 3 non-perishable food items

$20 w/o

Ages: 18 to party, 21+ to drink (w/ ID)

Starts @ 9pm til' ???

Alcohol till 4am

3 Rooms:

Main

Drum n' Bass

Old Sckool

for DJ/MC list goto www.stuckonearth.com

If your going pm me or write me a message.

Outerlimts

Dan

------------------

"You all laugh at me becasue I'm differant, I laugh at you because your all the same."

I might be down, Dan... how is Downtime? What's it like?

~~

------------------

ski_accident_md_wht.gif

"Happy the man, and happy he alone, he who can call today his own, he who, secure within, can say, 'Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have liv'd today'." - Horace

"Be excellent to each other." - Rufus

It'll be my first time @ downtime but Stuck on Earth throws good parties. And always brings out the crowds. They have flyers in alot of record stores, clubs, and clothing stores. So I'm sure the turn out will be fine. If you need someone to go with me and my brother will be hitting it around 12-1. Got get in before the bar close. Hhahahaa...

Dan

------------------

"You all laugh at me becasue I'm differant, I laugh at you because your all the same."

The SOE site has the lineup, if you don't have Flash 5 plugin here it goes:

_Main Room_

DB

Feelgood

Micro

Frankie Bones

James Christian

X-Dream

Pleasurehead

_Drum n' Bass_

Marcus intelex

Futurecut

J-smooth

Odi

Reid speed

Kazpa & Atrayu

_Old Sckool Breaks_

Korn

Orion

Justin Johnson

Pee-wee

Drae 192

Josh Matthews

[This message has been edited by dstgeorge2 (edited 12-20-2000).]

I'd love to go just to check out the oldskool room, but it's a schoolnight,

But also I've kinda lost faith in raves and rave promoters in this city. If you guys go, could you give me an honest opinion of what it was like? How many dj's actually showed? What the crowd is like (cracked out / clean / thugs)? Any vibe to speak of? I'd like to give this town another chance but I've been burned too often.

Like every big party I hit I'll give out a report the next day. Parties that I'll be reviewing coming up are:

SOE's Joy @ Downtime

UPTOWN UNDERGROUND & The Zoo's Bass Monkey 4 Ever @ Roseland Ballroom

I'll still clue less on what to do for New Years since I have 11 people coming. 6 are between the ages of 19-20, I was going to hit Vinyl's Mask Party but it's a no liquor party and $75 (plus I have to dress up in up in a mask and shit nits), alittle costly. The city gets alittle insane. I also might hit Holiday Bass, but I'm still unsure, maybe if I round up a few Bass Heads to Attend with me.

Check Check 1, 2, 3

------------------

[This message has been edited by dstgeorge2 (edited 12-20-2000).]

looking for records?

breakdown by store the way I see it... (if you need addy's I can find them - but all are more or less in the east village).

Breakbeat Science - best for jungle/dnb (best jungle in the city)

Throb - best for German Trance / Goa Psy (best trance in the city IMHO)

Decadance - best for NY Hard House (Cheese club trance) techno, tribal, junior beats

Eightball - like Deca, but with better trance, better european selection, good white labels

Temple - best for House, deep and techy (best house in the city)

Dance Tracks - GARAGE BABY!

Satellite - the have just about everything if you can find it. Best for euro and american house and breaks... good to great for everything else.

There are a few others, but these are the major players in this neighborhood.

Originally posted by spoonyd:

looking for records?

breakdown by store the way I see it... (if you need addy's I can find them - but all are more or less in the east village).

Breakbeat Science - best for jungle/dnb (best jungle in the city)

Throb - best for German Trance / Goa Psy (best trance in the city IMHO)

Decadance - best for NY Hard House (Cheese club trance) techno, tribal, junior beats

Eightball - like Deca, but with better trance, better european selection, good white labels

Temple - best for House, deep and techy (best house in the city)

Dance Tracks - GARAGE BABY!

Satellite - the have just about everything if you can find it. Best for euro and american house and breaks... good to great for everything else.

There are a few others, but these are the major players in this neighborhood.

Thanks for the run down I edit my whole thing before you posted that a slabbed it into it's own post. I have to spell check all my stuff and some time I cut and paste the wronge stuff. Opppss... Can you PM or email me the address for Breakbeat Science?

Dan

------------------