Clubplanet Nightlife Community

question about bottle service and VIP at clubs

whitehype

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but I just have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to get VIP or bottle service at a club in vegas. I went last week and everyone I saw in VIP was looking at the dance floor and not really doing anything. Is it to chill out and talk? if so why would you want to do that at a club like PURE? I mean the music is so loud you can hardly hear the person in front of you...

just curious

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but I just have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to get VIP or bottle service at a club in vegas. I went last week and everyone I saw in VIP was looking at the dance floor and not really doing anything. Is it to chill out and talk? if so why would you want to do that at a club like PURE? I mean the music is so loud you can hardly hear the person in front of you...

just curious

As someone like myself who has been partying several times a week for many, many years, I still find it restricting.

Irresepctive of the city, the greatest times Ive had with bottle service is when it gave me an opportunity to be with people I hadnt seen in many months, some in many years, and of course some new faces (mainly girls) all around a table, getting smashed, catching up, hitting on friends of friends lol. For that, it was wonderful. ...

And of course the times you have just random chicks in our booth, well thats fun too. But a crowded dancefloor can shadow ur wandering hand moves as much as a table top :devil:

As someone like myself who has been partying several times a week for many, many years, I still find it restricting.

Irresepctive of the city, the greatest times Ive had with bottle service is when it gave me an opportunity to be with people I hadnt seen in many months, some in many years, and of course some new faces (mainly girls) all around a table, getting smashed, catching up, hitting on friends of friends lol. For that, it was wonderful. ...

And of course the times you have just random chicks in our booth, well thats fun too. But a crowded dancefloor can shadow ur wandering hand moves as much as a table top :devil:

hehe, got ya ;)

thx for the quick reply

The simple answer is that bottle service isn't for everyone.

Personally, if I'm spending 4+ hours at a massively popular club then getting bottles with friends is a no-brainer. The benefits far outweigh the cost, which in truth really isn't that much higher than what you'd otherwise spend on tips to skip the line, door cover and drinks at the bar.

I prefer having room to dance at (or in the case of Jet last Saturday, above) my table compared to the sardine-packing of the floor. I like having a place to sit. I like professional service. I like not having to fight my way to the bar. I like the ability to have my drinks as stiff (or weak) as I prefer. I like having a spot that is mine, all night long.

And I most certainly like having such a great opening line: "would you ladies like to join us at our table for a drink?"

Among those who prefer bottle service, everyone has different reasons for enjoying it. Last weekend I brought 5 buddies of mine to Jet for bottles; only one of them had ever done bottles before, some of them had never even been to a serious club before.

They each did their own thing that night: one at the table all night, just talking to people; one who bounced from room to room to room, only coming back to the table for refills; one who "held up the column," spending the night in a blissful state, just digging the music and watching people; the one with a bachelorette-party-fetish; and the one who reeled in any women that came within 20 feet of our table.

End result for everyone was the same: grinning ear-to-ear every day since, all agreeing it was the best night out they've had in a long time.

Bottles aren't for everyone, but it certainly worked for them. :)

It is true that bottle service isn't for everyone. In fact, many would argue that it is too much to pay for a night at a club. On the other hand, if you are looking for comfort, room to move, and an area to sit with your friends, bottle service is definitely the way to go.

Bottle service is overrated, you spend 350 plus on a bottle of alcohol they might have spent 30 dollars on. But day in and day out people come to vegas to be seen. I really try not to book tables because it think that it is overrated. I get people in the door, buy what the hell you want to drink. How many people actully will drink $100 worth of beer. How many shots can you really have. Drinking mixed drinks at a club, WHY? Many female groups that i have done say no to bottle service cause most will drink a diet coke and sip on one drink all night, i call that the PARIS, lol. Then you get a group of guys,,guys are after one of two things in a club, to get drunk or/and to get laid. What do you need to have women notice you, a table or cabana with alcohol sitting on it. hmmmm i wonder why clubs have tables and booths and cabanas.

Bottle service is overrated, you spend 350 plus on a bottle of alcohol they might have spent 30 dollars on.

Drinks at the bar are no different, $12 on a cocktail that cost the bar about a dollar to make. Less, if they pour it weak.

I agree with everything else you've said lately, but as someone who's been a limo driver in Vegas for all these years I'm a bit surprised that you dismiss tables almost solely on the grounds of cost.

By that argument, why would anyone take a limo when they could get somewhere for less in a cab -- or for free by walking? It's all about service, convenience, speed, style, image, whatever.

If you really want to obsess over math then 20 drinks at the bar plus cover for 6 will cost less than 2 bottles. Of course, that's not taking into account skpping the line, having a place to sit, not fighting for space at the bar, etc.

(FWIW most joints are spending closer to $15-20, and sometimes less, for those $350 bottles)

Oh i totally agree with people that dont know the club scene to get tables. I on the other hand just call and im good. I think that guys more than 5 in group should always use a vip hosting company. Women are a little easier. But half of the women in the group better be hot, according to vegas standards. Groups of 8 women or more should us a host. I will say that if any groups mixed or not that its first time in vegas , please use a host. Im spoiled to vegas standards. I personally with wife and two to 4 friends can pretty much walk into any club anytime of night and not wait more than 7 minutes. Usually with free drinks for the wait. The only time that i personally have used bottle service was the grand opening of pure, with a cabana. and money well spent. Even then i would buy a bottle club bought a bottle, if you know what im saying.

All honesty, i dont want to seem like some hosts and say the only way into a club is with bottle service. I would rather see people have a good time, than them paying 1200 plus to drink. In the near future my wife is designing a website against my free will and i will be more of a trip report from clients from the last 5 years, and pics. Like i said before, im selling limo service's and hosting, but limo is primary.

hehe, got ya ;)

thx for the quick reply

No problem.

Basically ... to be analytical about it .... in every market, there are different venues, different djs, even different ways to design nightclubs, to appeal to different market segments of clubgoers. Venue owners, correction succesful venue owners, design, market, and implement venues that really appeal to a particular type or types of clubgoer. If you dont know who ur client base is, your market base, who your customer is and what they want, and you give them something that is not for their market, you will fall flat. Nightlife, for guys, is not "guys are after one of two things in a club, to get drunk or/and to get laid". Nightlife is far more than that, the venues are designed for each clubgoers' approach to nightlife, and routinely venues for normal and afterhours are finding new approaches through the conceptualization and marketing stages on how to carve out new market segments.

Originally Posted by limodriverlv

Bottle service is overrated, you spend 350 plus on a bottle of alcohol they might have spent 30 dollars on.

Actually, they're spending closer to $5 per bottle because they buy in bulk, but who's counting.

It is a fact that bottle service can be an expensive venture, but people have to take into account what they are getting for their dollar: a private booth for their party, bottles of alcohol at their tables and a cocktail server that prevents them from having to stand at the bar, security around their private space, but most importantly - to be treated like a VIP. There are a number of people who would say that bottle service is a waste of money, but it all depends on what you plan to get out of the experience. If you like being the center of attention and getting pampered, bottle service is for you.

VIP entry into a venue is also a great thing. When I first got into the scene and went out every night of the week, it was a rush to be able to walk past a 2 hour line an walk into the club within about a minute. There are plenty of people that want to experience this feeling, and they should at least once.

As hosts in Las Vegas, we like to make people that we work with, including clients and venue contacts, as happy as possible. We always make it a point to be straight forward and honest with each of our clients, guiding them to make the right decision between VIP entry and bottle service, as well as choosing the right venue for their taste. On the other end, it pleases our venue contacts to see happy clients enjoying their bottles of alcohol at their reserved table as opposed to seeing them disgruntled, waiting at the bar for a drink. The bottom line is that popular venues appreciate it when hosts bring in bottle parties as opposed to only VIP entries.

Actually, they're spending closer to $5 per bottle because they buy in bulk, but who's counting.

If a club is getting bottles of of Grey Goose for $5 each, they're not only buying in bulk but they're buying with cash out of the back of a truck. :deal:

Sometimes they get the bottles for free due to liquor company sponsorships.

True -- although those are most often the bottles that a club is willing to comp you. :)

I can't speak for Vegas clubs, but having worked the scene in Boston, NYC and Denver the biggest profit in bottle sales came from the quicker service time. On avearage, a cocktail waitress can provide complete bottle service for $300 in the same amount of time it takes a bartender to complete a pair of drink orders for $50.

For that matter, I'm curious - does anyone know if the Nevada liquor comission (or whatever they may be called) sets minimum prices on wholesale costs? There are a lot of states where the wholesale cost of distilled spirtis can only be a certain percentage less than the minimum retail cost set by the brand. For example, back in Boston if Grey Goose said retailers had to charge a minimum of $25 per bottle, then by law a distributor had to charge a minimum of $18 -- whether the buyer was a retailer or a bar, didn't matter.