Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Memo to Billy Wagner

bxbomb

we have a good core of young guys that will make us competitive for years to come. yankee fans would love to have a player like david wright on their team. he is basically our derek jeter only better. jeter is getting old as well as the rest of your team. we are just an all around more exciting team to watch with bigger and better things to come in the future

Well you definitely have a younger team, and much better young players. But were still the favorties to win the WS THIS year and that's all that matters to me right now.

Besides, we enjoyed our run of "young" players in the late '90's. We emerged with 4 rings, countless division titles and a couple of HOF's to boot. If you can accomplish something like that then great.

Remember having young players doesnt mean that much unless you win. Look at the A's.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how has being the favorite worked for you the past 5 years?

two trips to the WS, couple of pennants and numerous division titles.

see, weve spent alot of money but weve also had some some success. plus we draw like crazy at the gate.

you?

you left out the biggest choke in sports history

oh and according to you i should be cocky since Vegas apparently has us as the second favorite to winning the WS this year...guess it's gonna be another subway series

I also leftout you having the third highest payrolland finishing in or close to last the past few seasons =/

At least we actually to a championship series and choked. you on the other hand choked down the stretch in september and completely missed the playoffs.

oh and another subway series, sure. remember how the last one turned out =/

yes wagner has used the song , FAN said not as long as Mariano hwho has been usiong it since late 97

but who cares , I know he has the right to use whatever song he wants

Im just saying its kinda gay ...like the blue and orange

ia know its not NEWSworthy but its fun to mix it up this early in the season

actually i think billy wagner used back in '96 in houston when he was a rookie.

anyway i dont think mo even likes it.

I also leftout you having the third highest payrolland finishing in or close to last the past few seasons =/

At least we actually to a championship series and choked. you on the other hand choked down the stretch in september and completely missed the playoffs.

oh and another subway series, sure. remember how the last one turned out =/

yea but all the choking in september and shitty seasons will be forgotten in time..look at this season.. everyone has already forgotten about the Mets ffrom last year.

the Yankees Choke will NEVER be forgotten for the rest of time..its that bad. :laugh:

Put it this way.. your kids will still be talking about it and they will ask you about it. :laugh:

yea but all the choking in september and shitty seasons will be forgotten in time..look at this season.. everyone has already forgotten about the Mets ffrom last year.

the Yankees Choke will NEVER be forgotten for the rest of time..its that bad. :laugh:

Put it this way.. your kids will still be talking about it and they will ask you about it. :laugh:

of course they will. and ill tell them it was horrible. but then theyll also ask me about what it was like watching the yankee dynasty and witnessing the greatest closer in mlb history. theyll ask me what it was like when every team in baseball admired the yankees. oh, and what it was like to destroy the mets in the much heralded "subway" series. ill tell them the most about that. how every met fan was so exctied going into the series only to have them fall flat on their face

oh and caleb i am not cocky at all...i have learned the hard way too many times from the mets to be cocky...just hopeful this is the year things come together for them

you know i was just busting balls with that "yankee fans are jealous" comment to stir things up a bit :)

I like this guy Chris Shelton on the Tigers...i picked him up for fantasy as one of my sleeper picks. Guy is 6-9 with 2 homeruns his first two games.

thats a real tough "sleeper" to choose

how about giving us a real sleeper that hasnt already been discussed up and down on baseball tonight and yahoo fantasy and is on a glaring three game tear

like saying dmitri young was a "sleeper" last year because he hit 3 homers in his first game

jon, you know breaking the saves record wouldnt mean much. after all doesnt lee smith hold the record in the first place? nobody considers him the greatest best closer in the history of baseball simply because he owns the record. the save is so fucking meaningless. im talking about a pitcher who comes in to the game and is so dominant that the opposing team almost knows the game is over. Rollie Fingers had that. Eckersely had it too. And so does Mo. Each one of these guys has either won a Cy Young or come close to it. These guys are dominating. I dont think Hoffman was ever close to that.