Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where are the James Holden Fans!!!

U dont like James Holden i can see....lol

I hear him only 2 times and had a great time CIELO was def a lot of fun a yr ago i think. Im not dying to hear him cause to me hes still very over hyoed, and alot of peopel are realyl into those european djs if they make one or 2 productiosn that big djs rock,suddenyl these euro djs are in high demand.

Holden is one DJ I don't like because the music he plays doesn't speak to me. I heard him @ BED, this was the worst clubbing experience of the year.

This mix is very representative of what his style is. I didn't like the mix, I think his music really sucks!

He has a very unique style of music.. It's very experimental but at the same time its fucking crazy.. I think he has alot of talent, he is a great producer.

I dig his parties, much different then the typical parties that go on in NYC these days.

He has a very unique style of music.. It's very experimental but at the same time its fucking crazy.. I think he has alot of talent, he is a great producer.

agreed, he is an amazing producer, but a good dj set from him is hard to come by though. personally, i think nathan fake is the best dj out of the border community crew. he's played some of the trippiest shit i've ever heard.

i did. not feeling it though. i like when he plays the deep stuff, not the generic electro like in this set. plus most of the tracks he plays are at least a year old (including his britney spears remix which i can't stand). that's not the way to impress the people who go to wmc.

Guest onisakura
agreed, he is an amazing producer, but a good dj set from him is hard to come by though. personally, i think nathan fake is the best dj out of the border community crew. he's played some of the trippiest shit i've ever heard.

I have a badass border community shirt from last years RRR BBQ. I've always enjoyed his sets, they are certainly nutty...but i agree. Its hard to dance to.

people shoudl show more love to nyc djs, such as joeski, angel moraes, cevin fischer, tedd patterson,hector romero for example, insteadof running to hear these euro djs play a room just because global underground put them on a cd.

If someone big/ worth seeing is going to come in town why not take the chance to see them, regardless if they are signed to GU or not.

Euro or not....You even said yourself that you wish you would have seen Sandy Rivera at Deko

people shoudl show more love to nyc djs, such as joeski, angel moraes, cevin fischer, tedd patterson,hector romero for example, insteadof running to hear these euro djs play a room just because global underground put them on a cd.

we are spoiled with good music in nyc so we take the locals for granted

I think NYC DJs are not promoted enough. For example, the only reason I went to hear Todd Patterson @ Cielo is 'cuz Silverbull told me that I'd probably like him. And the only reason I went to hear Angel Moraes was because there was nothing more interesting.

Most people I know would go to Crobar on any Saturday because Crobar has a reputation for having great music on Saturdays. They also go to most Made Events because it also has a reputation... well - James Holden kinda ruined this reputation, but we figured this was a one-off.

So: promote NYC DJs better and bring them to a brand name place. For example kick hip-hoppers out of Spirit on Saturdays :)

I give respect to the NYC dj's such as: Angel Moraes, Cevin Fischer, Tedd Patterson. They really do there thing.

This post was meant for 1 reason, and that was to post up a live set of James Holden Live in Miami....lol

Dont ask my why this post blew up and turned into something else...

I think somepeople like to start drama over nothing just to get some excitement.

djufonyc, it's not you - it's James Holden. He is... how would I put it gently... unusual. So when you post something that's remotely related to him, it turns into... how would I put it gently... a discussion :)

Of course James Holden has a long way of becoming a CP celebrity so that a discussion about him results in 50 pages and new threads, like about JP! BTW, Holden wouldn't happen to be gay, would he? :laugh2:

Anyway, we do appreciate you posting his live set. It was a treat for those who liked him. For those who don't like him, myself included, it was a reminder of what it is that we don't like. However, in fairness to NYC DJs, if you happen to have their live sets lying around - post them right away!