Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hey, I am thinking about starting to spin, What do I need?

Buy a pair of Technics 1200's. I wouldn't buy any other brand. (explaining why is a whole other post)

MKII's came out in 1979. They have been THE TURNTABLES to use for DJ's since then.

the mark III version, the MK3D, came out last year I think. It's slightly improved, has a little higher torque and a pitch reset button. It's usually only like 20 bucks more.

If you look online you can get each for about $460 (the cheapest I found). Try www.mysimon.com Or you can buy 'em used.

As for a mixer, well, they can get really pricey and you won't be good at foolin with the treble mid and bass for a while so dont spend to much, a $100-$150 mixer is decent. Stanton has one in that price range, the numark 1002x is pretty sweet too.

As for cartridges (needles)....well, the more expensive you buy, the better the sound quality and the less they skip. Stanton 505's are pretty good to start with, the 500 ALII's are the absolute cheapest and they're not even that bad.

Go to satellite records on bowery or eightball on e 9th st. and buy mad vinyl.

Hehehe, my own little joke:

Pair of technics turntables $900

2 Cartridges $100

Mixer $100

Beat Matching two phatty records the first time correctly :

smile.gif PRICELESS smile.gif

yea, i would say go with the technics. they are kinda expensive for starting out, but if u have the cash for it, they are well worth it. i have a gemini bpm 150 mixer. good mixer, cost me 200 and it has a beat per minute counter on it which is very helpful. needles. i would say go with stantons starting out . if u have extra money go with ortofons.

good luck spinning

peace out,

gianni

------------------

AIM: GGFELLA4

EMAIL: iannuzzi4@yahoo.com

0200.gif

HOMER DANCING TO JOINTS!!!