Clubplanet Nightlife Community

You ever went to "NASA"????

Guest clubkid77

Nasa was a party thrown by scotto at the space now called Vinyl. At the time i believe the club was called shelter. The party was a weekly around the time of 1993

Well, NASA wasent a club, it was a party @ The old Shelter, Witch is now Vinyl, and DB is still around, im good friends with him, and hes still spinning, he was just at Boo5, and JOY..at down time" hes spinning in lots of places,

As for Scotto..They just threw maskarave at Tunnel, and it was a "OK" time, not as freaky as i remember them to be, but it was still a fun night.

Nasa was never my thing, went a few times, but it just got old,

and scotto was never a fav of mine, smile.gif

*me*

------------------

"kill a kandy kid"

4 FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"do u need some help wit your dick?"

:)

Originally posted by gonzojournilist:

fuck scotto and alan santuary

in 93 it was all about the bklyn underground.

alan santuary was the biggest rip off artist in the scene. so many of his parties were such a bust. i remember when other crews that threw parties were out to get his ass and he went into hiding. i wonder if that punk ass is still around.

------------------

cop.gif

And i think to myself what a wonderful world!!!!

AOL J303J

Guest clubkid77

Originally posted by mrmusic:

Unity was the Friday party....

Digital Domain and Lady Life threw it

Djs included Gonzo, Frankie Bones, Dever, and many special guests

Was the only weekly "rave" of its time

Unity was after NASA's day. Cuz the club had already changed its name from shelter to vinyl. and i can remember Unity @ Vinyl still goin on in '96 and until vinyl got shutdown.

I don't know what most people were saying, but NASA was awesome. The music was breakbeat back then. Think Prodigy, Run tings, all the stuff on Movin Shadow and Kickin records. The Dj's were DB, soul slinger and ON-E (Ani-Pherse). there were lots of guest appearances, such as Sven Vath (first time in the states), Hardfloor, and Moby. I also remember Guy Ornadel hanging out @ NASA as well.

Frankie bones, Adam X, and Lenny Dee were having their (techno-Hadcore) RAVE parties in Brooklyn also, but they were more hardcore.

Satellite was also throwing parties back then. Anyone remember Sputnik and Explorer?

Originally posted by thomaskm1:

I went religiously for a long while. It was either there or Caffeine...

I spent the Christmas night of 92' @ Nasa and it was one of the best nights out I've had.

Hey Parish, did you go to the caffine on new-years-day 1992? That was one of the most memorable parites I've been too. Keoki and Dmitri were spinning.

[This message has been edited by republix (edited 12-26-2000).]

Another Question. What clubs do people that used to go to NASA, Caffine or storm raves go to now?? I mean if they still go clubbing @ all.

I myself go see Danny @ Vinyl (Yes, the old NASA space... can't seem to get away from it!!) I do go to Twilo Fri occasionaly, when it's not too packed. The crowd is a little to young for my taste though. (I'm 25) Although I love S&D, I don't go anymore cause it's too packed...

REP. Was that the 48 hour Rave, not sure if that was 92 or 93, shiz my mind is shot from this weekend. I was suppose to go to one of a rave in Manhattan, it got cancelled, there was a small riot in the streets outside, hundreds of ravers hanging off poles and mailboxes... next thing I know I am in a car with my friend Joe and we're heading to Caffiene and I was there for two days. I slept on a cot with these, eat trix cereal for breakfast and was off my face the whole time. My mom thought I had been kidnapped, but in "essence" (another LI powerraves) I had been.

------------------

parish...

-beat slacker mac-

AIM= thomaskm1/ Parish@clubplanet.com

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac-Man

affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

after that long few days at caffiene i had to take a break from partying for a while. my mind was mush for like weeks but it was one phat ass jam. id they had one now i don't think i woudl be able to make the whole thing.

------------------

cop.gif

And i think to myself what a wonderful world!!!!

AOL J303J

Originally posted by brianz54:

Hey gonzo, what club was your sig taken from???

cwm9.gif

that was MAYDAY 2000

some big stadiam in GERMANY some thing like 60 000 in attendence all for Techno **fucking crazy!

**remembering long island

nothing beats kort and gregs party essence I think it was the last one. it was in butfuck long island right off of a highway on an old farm.

Fuck my mind is so shot the only DJ's I remember spinning was Doc Martin and K5

K5 spun Da Funk

first time I ever heard that song

------------------

13b.jpg

I went religiously for a long while. It was either there or Caffeine...

I spent the Christmas night of 92' @ Nasa and it was one of the best nights out I've had.

------------------

parish...

-beat slacker mac-

AIM= thomaskm1/ Parish@clubplanet.com

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac-Man

affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

Originally posted by thomaskm1:

REP. Was that the 48 hour Rave, not sure if that was 92 or 93, shiz my mind is shot from this weekend. I was suppose to go to one of a rave in Manhattan, it got cancelled, there was a small riot in the streets outside, hundreds of ravers hanging off poles and mailboxes... next thing I know I am in a car with my friend Joe and we're heading to Caffiene and I was there for two days. I slept on a cot with these, eat trix cereal for breakfast and was off my face the whole time. My mom thought I had been kidnapped, but in "essence" (another LI powerraves) I had been.

That was the one... Yeah, I was hanging out in the streets too that night, it was somewhere in the east village. A rave in the city was cancelled that night, so everyone decided to go to caffine... Good memory!

NASA ... whoa ... that was the ill shit ..

and what about teh bliss parties .,. i dunno how many there were ... as for db he became a pretty large dnb dj ... and now is making moves over to teh 2-step thing ... he also started a record label called f-111 . which carries names like green velvet and j-smooth ... etc ...

scotto last i heard was moving out of NY ... he threw fridays at teh roxy for a while wwhich were dope but no one really came out for them =( .... he also does lighting for a lot of parties ..

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif