Clubplanet Nightlife Community

US Marines slaughtered women, children

I dare you to call US Army Major General Eldon Bargewell a traitor because if you do, you are condoning mass murder.

US Marines wantonly killed unarmed Iraqi civilians, including women and children, and then tried to cover up the slayings in the insurgent stronghold of Haditha, military investigations have found.
An administrative inquiry overseen by army Major General Eldon Bargewell found that several marines fatally shot up to 24 Iraqis and that other marines either failed to stop them or filed misleading or blatantly false reports.

The Bargewell report concludes that a dozen marines acted improperly after a roadside bomb blast killed a fellow marine, Lance Corporal Miguel Terrazas.

Looking for insurgents, the marines entered several homes and began firing their weapons, according to the report.

After the roadside bomb killed Terrazas, the marines conducted a sweep of the area. But instead of following the Geneva Convention rules about identifying combatants, the marines killed Iraqis in homes and five sitting in a vehicle.

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail....5021&con_type=1

• 2 weeks later...
You kill my friends (even family cause Marines see each other as families) and I may snap as well.

Then you'll be just as bad as the murderer(s) who killed your family. It only justifies nothing and gain nothing from it for the exception of life imprisonment for murder, therefore making you no better than the terrorists.

Wanna say that to that 9 year old girl who lost both her parents, her grandparents a brother and and uncle at the hands of the handful of marines who deliberately murdered them for absolutely no reason?

Not that I am condemning the entire corp because of the acts of a few of them who willingly broke the geneva convention as well as military law. Those few who did the criminal act of murder should be punished and if you come out with the faux accusation that I am condoning terrorism, you are condoning the criminal act of murder and defending those who perpertrate the criminal act making YOU just as bad as the terrorists. What these few renegade marines did is equal to terrorism.

Murder is wrong no matter how you look at it.

Civilians sholdn't be murdered.

War is not the acceptance of illegal activity.

Those family members were innocent civilians w/o weapons who had nothing to do with the insurgents. The ones who were killed by these few marines did not and had nothing to do with killing any marines involved.

Civillians were killed for NO reason. they were unarmed, soldiers knocked on the door and shot them. there is no excuse for that.

Americans get all pissy when someone plants a bomb in a car and it happens to kill one american soldier, why cut slack on a soldier who prettymuch does the same thing?

Those Marines are just as bad as the terrorists that flew planes in the world trade centers.

This is what happens to people’s minds when you train them not to feel any emotions about death.

I respect our soldiers but I have no respect for the few who commit criminal acts who make the rest of the corp look bad, but history shows that many will return from war with a head full of snakes. This I know for a fact. My uncle is a viet nam veteran who came home psychologically fucked in the head from that war so I seen it up front.

If Vietnam is any indication, the number of random shootings will rise in the decades following their return.

We must deal with our soldier's emotional needs compassionately and set up a number of support groups and post-traumatic stress centers. Maybe you (and drlogic) should consider this.

Soldiers killing people without good pragamatic reasons except self-righteous anger is vile, excuseless and uncalled for. It actually aids the enemy and if you condone their murderous acts you are aiding the terrorists yourself. So how does it feel to be a terrorists' symphasizer?